•16•

The car pulled up to a large building

The car pulled up to a large building. The main entrance was decorated with columns and pillars. Wide steps leading up to the massive doors.

"Where are we?" Eden asked.

"The pack house."

Her brow furrowed.

"The pack house?"

Malcolm unbuckled his seat belt and then her own.

"The pack house is a building designated for meetings and councils amongst the alliance and other werewolves with positions of power."

Eden nodded slowly. Everything felt like an alternate reality. In the past hour everything she thought she knew had been turned upside down and then turned several directions.

Malcolm opened her door and extended his hand to her. She stepped from the car. Taking his hand and following him up the steps.

The foyer inside was quite big. The floors sleek and marble. The domed ceiling making the room feel even bigger. She noticed Candice was sitting behind a desk.

She had been the woman who had shown Eden to Malcolm's office the first day they met.

"Welcome Alpha Íllios. The other members have arrived and are in the north council room," she said.

"Thank you, Candice," he replied politely. Giving her a nod.

Malcolm continued on. Pressing a button on an elevator.

"Are you sure I should be present for this? I could just wait in the lobby."

Malcolm looked at her.

"You hold just as much title and power as I do. While I will not force you, it would please me beyond measure to have you by my side for this."

Eden nodded softly. Her grip tightening around his arm. The two stepped in the elevator. Malcolm pressed another button. They waited.

"Why is a meeting being held?"

Malcolm smiled softly.

"Because Pythia's followers are attempting to kill us. This is to be expected."

He almost seemed amused.

They stepped out of the elevator and walked down a hallway. Malcolm opened a door. Letting Eden enter first as he followed behind.

A table of men and women stood up. She only recognized a few. She identified Silas Rennings and his mate Michelle. They were the sovereigns of the U.K. Silas was rumored to be one of the most powerful alphas in the world. They were an older pair. Silas's beard speckled with gray. Laugh lines starting to show around the corners of Michelle's eyes.

She looked over and saw the other Rennings family. Jax and his mate Talia. Their oldest daughter Lilian was there but Icarus was no where to be found.