•19•

Malcolm's eyes were on fire.

Before Eden could comprehend the surrounding situation, The man holding her at gun point was on the ground howling in pain. The hand that held the gun was now twisted in an unnatural way.

He hadn't even moved a centimeter.

Quib's eyes widened.

"You're one of them?" His voice shook.

Malcolm didn't reply his eyes still on the man. Eden heard a sickening crack. The man was now screaming. His leg was now broken as well.

Malcolm was always the epitome of calm. Yet his sea green eyes were alight with a dangerous inferno.

All the guns were suddenly launched from the men's hands. Flying backward.

Malcolm still hadn't moved.

Quib had the sense to let Erato go, who stumbled toward Malcolm, covering behind his arm.

"I should kill you for this," Malcolm said. His tone soft and light. Yet the look in his eyes made Eden's skin erupt with goosebumps.

"Malcolm no, it's okay. He won't bother us anymore, let's just go," she begged taking a tentative step toward him.

"Please I promise! I have money. Oh, god Malcolm I didn't know you were a fucking magical thing person too. I'm so sorry please," Quib begged.

Malcolm snarled at the man. Eden took another step and placed her hand on his arm.

Malcolm looked at her. His eyes softening slightly.

"Get the hell out of my sight. If you ever decide to cross paths with me again I promise to the damned goddess above you will regret it," Malcolm threatened.

Malcolm presses his fingers against the small of Eden's back as they turned to leave.

They had only made it a few feet before Malcolm suddenly spun around.

Eden gasped.

In his right hand he was holding a dagger. The blade inches from his face. Eden realized Quib must have been the one to throw it.

Quib's face was white. His jaw slack and his eyes wide with shock.

Less than a second after catching it, Malcolm turned the blade in his hand and threw it the opposite direction.

Erato let out a small shriek as the blade embedded itself into Quib's heart.

Malcolm then turned around and continued to lead Eden out of the club. Erato following close behind.

The drive back to the beach house was silent and tense. Malcolm's gripped the steering wheel so tightly his knuckles had long since turned white.

His brow was drawn over his eyes, and he was driving at a dangerously high speed.

Erato broke the tense silence.

"I guess it makes sense that the sun god has such a fiery temper, you don't remember because it was in a past life but this one time Malcolm-"

"Erato that is quite enough thank you," Malcolm said.

Erato sunk back into her seat looking very embarrassed.

Eden was confused. Yes it was a dangerous situation but Malcolm had it under control the whole time. And they all got away without a single scratch. Why was he still so angry?

Malcolm got out of the car and slammed the door. Eden looked back at Erato.

"Why is he so upset?" She whispered.