•5•

When Eden awoke the strangest feeling of luminous warmth reverberated throughout her

When Eden awoke the strangest feeling of luminous warmth reverberated throughout her. As if she had been bathed in a pleasant glow of heat.

Her eyelashes fluttered and she opened her eyes to a bright light.

She groggily took in her surroundings and noticed she was in a small simple room with gold and white interior.

She realized she was lying in a twin sized bed with silken cream colored sheets that

The sunlight that streamed inside indicated that it was morning. Eden groaned and sat up, pulling the covers back and stepping out of bed.

Her knees immediately buckled beneath her causing her to fall.

Her graceful descent to the floor was halted by none other than the notorious Alpha Ílios himself.

He swept her up into his arms and promptly placed her back in the bed.

"Not that I mind holding you in the slightest, but standing up is would not be a wise idea at the moment."

Eden's cheeks burned in embarrassment as she sat up.

A cold brush of air swept over her and she came to the abrupt realization that was was in nothing but her red bra and matching underwear.

"You asshole! Did you take my dress off?" She accused, rapidly covering herself with the blankets. Her face becoming as red as her undergarments, 

"Surprisingly no. Despite what you may think of me I would not remove a woman's clothing without her consent," he replied, folding his arms across his chest.

He had taken off his suit coat and his tie. His white dress shirt was rumpled with several buttons undone at the top and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

His golden hair was tousled once more and he looked thoroughly amused at the entire situation.

"Then who took my clothes off?" She challenged narrowing her eyes.

"Let me guess. You had one of your female staff members do it?"

Alpha Ílios titled his head to the side ever so slightly. Rays of sunlight reflecting off into his hair.

"No. That would be inappropriate as well."

Alpha Ílios took several steps closer to the bed so he looked down to her.

"If you insist on knowing, it was you who managed to remove your gown in your sleep," he mused.

Eden's eyes widened and her mouth gaped.

She raised the covers and peered under them and surely enough the beautiful sparkling silver gown rested bunched up below her feet.

Eden's head pounded painfully.

"Alpha Ílios what happened last night?"

The man grimaced.

"Please, call me Malcolm."