Chapter 2

~Narrator's POV~

"I thought you said you knew where we were going."

"Yeah, I lied," you reply to Mabel, looking around for direction through the woods.

There's a squeaky voice coming from behind the sole tree trunk on the ground. You point to the area, making a quiet gesture towards Mabel. The voice is recognizable, a squeaky going-through-puberty voice. Yep, that's Dipper. There's no way that's not him.

"Hello!" Mabel screams to the figure, bringing herself up from a crouching position near the tree trunk. "Watcha reading?"

*****

Dipper reveals an old, worn-out journal. "It's amazing! Grunkle Stan said I was being paranoid, but according to this book, Gravity Falls has a secret dark side."

"No way," Mabel's eyes widen and she sits on the couch, feet dangling.

"Are you even listening?" Dipper directs the question towards you.

You're leaned back against the wall, both arms behind your head, eyes closed. "Yes, it just takes me a while to process so much stupid at once."

"I'm not lying, trust me. This book is evidence."

"Look, Dipper, it's not that I don't trust you. It's just...the book could be fake. For crying out loud, you found it in the forest. I agree that something's off about Gravity Falls, but I need more proof, to see it with my own eyes," you explained, rubbing the back of your neck.

The tension from the situation is cleared with the ring of the doorbell. This causes Mabel to jump out of excitement, falling off the couch. "This girl's got a date," she shrieks, running to get the door.

"You managed to get a date already?" Dipper asks, surprised.

"Wait a second. How'd you get a date? You've literally been with me for like most of the day already," you asked, in shock along with Dipper.

"Magic," she answers, dragging out the word. "I guess I'm just irresistible!"

You sit on the couch with Dipper, every once in a while glancing at the book, waiting for Mabel to come back with her so-called boyfriend.

"Family! Meet my boyfriend!" Mabel brings in a pale, sickly-looking dude. He looks like he was trampled by a pack of wild antelopes. His clothes are disheveled, ripped, and he has twigs stuck in his hood. Also, he has a red liquid splattered on his face which very much looks to be blood, but he claims it to be jam. Weird.

"And your name?" you ask, determined to know more about this weird guy.

"Uhhh...Normal...Man," the guy seems nervous.

"He means Norman," Mabel helps him out, wanting to leave for their date as soon as possible.

"Hey, I'm watching you. Remember, I'm everywhere," you threaten Norman, jutting your chin and giving a tight lipped smile. "Have fun."

Mabel grabs Norman's hand and she runs out the door, dragging him along.

"Yeah, she can do a lot better than him," you murmur to yourself, walking to your shared room. Dipper follows right behind you.

*****

You're holding your body pillow and watching Dipper talk to himself while reading the journal when you suddenly think of something. "Dipper, I have a serious question, one which will ruin my sleep if not answered."

Dipper turns to you quickly, demeanor shifted to serious. "Yeah?"

Before you ask it, you glance around, making sure nobody else is watching. "Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? I mean, he's been living in the jungle for mostly all his life, but he has no body hair whatsoever. It doesn't make sense! There's no razors in the jungle."

The seriousness is withdrawn from his face. "Really (Y/N)? There's no time for this. Mabel could be in trouble. Look at this."

He shows you the book, turning to a page about zombies. "He could be a zombie."

"Trust me, he's not. I know almost everything about zombies. When I see one, I'll notify you; I have everything prepared anyway for the zombie apocalypse."

"What if you're wrong?!"

"I'm never wrong," you give him a close eyed smile, then go to open the shades for proof. At that moment, it looked as if Norman was about to hurt Mabel. Well, to Dipper that's what it looked like.

"Mabel!" Dipper screams, banging on the window.

"Calm, he's not going to do anything. Watch."

You both watch as Norman places a flower necklace around Mabel's neck and she cheers with joy.

"See?" you ask, not expecting an answer back. "We'll let Mabel have fun with her new boyfriend for now and while she does that, me and you can research more about him. I also believe something's wrong with him, but he's not a zombie."

Dipper smiles and you let him lead as you guys walk out the door, determined to figure it out.

Wow, surprisingly, I kept my word. Another chapter out today. That means three updates in a row (I'm so proud). In the story, I'm trying to show characterization of the reader, how he acts around people close to him such as Dipper and Mabel. He's still sarcastic and tsundere but acts more childish and playful around them. Around others he's going to be a total jerk so please deal with it for now. There will be plenty of character development throughout the story. His backstory will be revealed slowly throughout the chapters. I promise you readers that he will learn to open up in the later chapters and we'll definitely see more of Wendy soon. I can't wait to write about their developing relationship, not now though. Sorry, you have to wait a little longer. :) Please comment ( I love feedback) on mistakes, how the story is so far, etc.

Find me on:

Tumblr- www.tumblr.com/blog/heyitscris (anime blog)

DeviantArt- crisdiaz07.deviantart.com/

I love you if you read this far <3