Chapter 18

~Narrator's POV~

*Warning: Torture and mentions of underage drinking*

"Ughhh, I hate this game!" You dramatically throw yourself back on the back. "I don't understand how Super Mario can smash blocks with his head but die when he touches a turtle!"

"Hey, don't take your anger out on my boy," Wendy playfully retorts. "And to correct you, he actually uses his fists. Watch." She pushes a few buttons on the controller to prove her point. 

"Waste of my time..." you mumble. You put the video game controller on the table, tired of playing the game. You both have been playing it for 3 hours straight so far. 

Wendy sighs. "What's wrong with you? Something must've happened. You're usually great at this game, and now you suck."

You glare at her for her last comment. 

"Not my fault it's true," Wendy teases. "Tell me though. What happened?"

"I found Stan's secret hideout--"

"Secret hideout?! Where?!" Wendy blurts out.

"Shut up, you're so loud," you shush her. She apologizes, letting you finish. "I followed him downstairs and he was using Dipper's book to build this huge machine - it was crazy! The machine was glowing, but I couldn't figure out what he was using it for. I'm just nervous he's gonna' use it for something bad."

"Well, you don't know that. This is Stan we're talking about, remember? Your lazy great-uncle. He's not some evil mastermind."

"Wendy, there has to be another side to him. I know it; he's not who he seems to be. I told you how I looked into some of his memories. That day, I found out him and my dad worked together in Experiment Alpha, and I was included! I was the test subject!" You yell, clenching your jaw. 

"I'm not saying I don't trust you because I do. One hundred percent. We'll look into this, but try to act normal around Stan." Wendy places her hand on top of yours as an attempt to calm you down. 

Ever since you both forgave each other, you've gotten closer and it's been easier to tell each other things. The only thing you both didn't discuss was your relationship, being "more than friends." You told her you didn't want to be in a relationship any time soon, and she agreed. 

It was difficult for Wendy to hide her feelings; her crush on you was very noticeable. Even Mabel noticed it yesterday - Wendy had been watching you read a book. You were too engrossed in the book to see her. She loved seeing the relaxed state you were in. Mabel noticed the soft looks she gave you, and immediately knew Wendy's crush on you. Mabel teased her about this for what felt like forever. And, the worst part of all this was how you repeatedly glanced up at them from your book, giving Wendy these sly smirks. Of course, you had been listening. It's hard not to eavesdrop.  

Dipper even noticed Wendy's strange behavior around you the other day. He was having an "interesting" conversation with her about the many uses of the journal. At first, it was interesting, but when Dipper's passionate about something he keeps blabbing on and on. It got to the point where she started to believe he would never stop talking. Thankfully, you walked into the room, and she stiffened at this. 

You slumped back into the chair behind Dipper, fanning yourself. That day, it had been one of the hottest days in Gravity Falls at 103 degrees Fahrenheit! 

You unbuttoned the top few buttons of your button-up shirt and continued fanning yourself. You knew a certain ginger had her eyes on you, but you pretended to be distracted by the crazy summer heat. 

Wendy did her best to focus solely on Dipper, but how could she do that when you were sitting in front of her practically shedding out of your shirt? Her eyes were glued to your neck which was glistening from all the heat. They trailed down and stopped right at your collarbones. That damn shirt covered the rest of your lean, muscled body. She decided to rake her eyes on you once more for good measure and was startled to see two (E/C) eyes staring at her. She had been caught and there was no way to escape this. Her face turned scarlet no matter how much she tried to hold it in.