Chapter 15

~Narrator's POV~

It was going to be the first time you would see inside Wendy's house. Hopefully, you wouldn't run into any of her family; that would be bad, especially since it's almost 10:00 at night. They wouldn't view this as normal and you probably wouldn't make it back home. 

You never had the chance of meeting her family. You'd seen them at some events like on the fishing trip Stan took you and your siblings on, but you never spoke or introduced yourself to them. You weren't close to Wendy during that time. 

Her family intimidated you. Her father is called "Manly Dan" for a reason! Wendy's family includes three younger brothers: Marcus, Kevin, and Gus, and her father, Manly Dan. Her mother died a couple years back. Wendy told you of this, but she didn't further explain. 

It was freezing cold outside. You were walking to Wendy's house. Before, you tried running to help yourself stay warm, but all it did was make you extremely tired. Most people say that exercise helps you in the cold but it did not do much to help you. You guessed it was about 30 degrees Fahrenheit. Not the coldest you've been in but cold for Gravity Falls. You reprimanded yourself for only bringing a hoodie, skinny jeans, and fingerless gloves to wear. Those gloves did not help in this situation but at least it made you look good. 

You looked around to make sure you were going the right way. Currently, you were going by instinct and memory. Wendy hadn't given you her address or any kind of directions. A few weeks ago though, you walked her to pick up her car which was near the house. She had pointed to the house that was hers. At least you knew what it looked like. 

Finally, you came across a street with very similar houses. You remembered instantly that this was where Wendy lived. Her house was the blue colonial house at the end of the street. Hers was the only house painted blue; it stood out against all the other red houses. The front yard was pretty plain. There was only a fence and a black mailbox in the front.

You quickly glanced around the house to make sure no one was watching. You even looked for security cameras. Precautions had to be taken. When the coast was clear you went around to the back of the house and jumped the fence, landing perfectly. Days and days of breaking into abandoned places with Wendy and jumping the fences there had helped you to perfect this technique. You were so close to finally becoming a ninja. 

Now you had to find a way to get inside the house. Ringing the front or back door was never the answer when you were sneaking into a girl's house at 10:00 p.m. The only solution would be to climb. You looked around the yard for a ladder. Sadly, the shed was locked and there was nothing to climb up with. You did not feel like taking a risk of breaking any bones today but there may be no other option. 

You began to climb the back of the house using window ledges to boost yourself up. It was a good thing they had a couple of windows in the back. The only bad thing about this was you didn't know which one was Wendy's window to her room. 

Carefully taking your phone out with one hand, you went to the call section, looking for her number. You pressed it but lost your balance on the ledge once you put it to your ear. Out of instinct, you threw the phone, tightly grabbing onto the frame of the window. 

You so badly wanted to scream, but if you did you were sure people would see you trying to break into someone's house and also scream. That would be hard to explain. 

Your phone was now on the ground. It just stood there no matter how many times you begged it to fly back to you. It was no use. 

It was time to just pick a random window. Hoping you wouldn't break into Manly Dan's bedroom, you tried opening the one to the far right. Thankfully, it was unlocked. You pulled yourself in through the window, falling to the floor.