Chapter 12 - Part 2

~Narrator's POV~

When you arrive, you enter the abandoned shop cautiously. You would have to be extra careful since your favorite red-head wasn't with you but with Robbie instead. Alone. Alone with Robbie.

Yep, you'd have to finish this business up quick. Who knows what he could be doing with her; he could be tormenting her with those new jeans he wanted to flex in just for her! This thought makes you cringe.

Inside, you go to the bookshelf, going to take out the one book to find the code panel behind but the book wasn't there and the panel was already unlocked. Wendy probably left it open.

You hit 'enter' on the code panel and the bookshelf moves aside, letting you in. You go straight to the files, searching for anything related to your problem.

It took a good hour before you could find anything. You had finally stumbled upon a list of several participants in something called "Project Alpha." None of the names seemed familiar but the thing that caught your eye was the word "failed" next to each name and a list of symptoms they received throughout this experiment: change of eye color, burning, irritation, red glowing veins. You've experienced all of these symptoms. What does this mean then? You definitely would've remembered participating in an experiment.

Footsteps break your train of thought.

You look around for a place to hide. Escape was not an option since the intruder was coming through the only entrance and exit. Man, there should really be another door in this place.

The only place which looked logical to hide at was underneath the desk. That had to do. There was no other place; everything else was either clear or too thin to hide behind. You just hoped this intruder wouldn't decide to take a seat at the desk or use the computer. Then, you'd be in deep shit.

You take place under the desk, crawling up into a little ball which was difficult because of your size. You're not that small.

The mystery person comes into the room with a lantern; you could tell by the light. Sadly, you couldn't see the person's face because of the desk blocking your vision. All you saw was from waist down.

A deep, husky voice fills your ears. It's a mystery man and he seems to be talking on the phone. There is muttering on the other end of the phone but it's too low to hear. "It was a simple job which you weren't able to complete. You're useless to me." He seems angry at the receiver of this phone call. "It's funny... you were the one designed as a weapon yet I'm the one fighting to protect you. Funny, right?"

He and the other person on the phone stop talking and there's a long, deafening silence. You hold your breath, fearing that any sound or silent breath would kill you. The muttering on the other line continues and you let out your breath. They didn't find you.

"Listen, darling, I usually don't give out second chances but I'm in a good mood. What can I say? You just do as I ask and everything will be dandy," the man states kindly, but his words tell another story. He's dangerous and you would try your best to stay away from him. He ends the phone call and walks right to the desk. What luck.

"Now, what is this doing here?" He picks up the files you left out on top of the desk. "Looks like someone got here before me," the man crumbles up the paper and throws it aside like it was nothing. It's of no interest to him.

He glances at the other files, not even bothering to put them away once opening them. What a violation against the clean freak code. You wanted to go teach him a lesson, but that wouldn't be a good idea since he was a threat to you, especially since he knows somebody else came to the shop before him.

You needed to know his identity, at least just take a peak at his appearance. It would help in the future in case he found you out but you had no idea about him. You take your phone, turning it to the selfie option and sliding your phone out a bit.

No way.

Dad?

It's been years but of course you'd still remember him. His shaggy, (H/C) hair was speckled with strands of gray and his (E/C) eyes were tired and dull, no life in them. He was a lean man, about five inches taller than you. He was the person you took after the most in appearance. You both have completely different personalities but he was training you to be like him, to be his successor which meant you'd have to basically be a replica of him.

You unconsciously tug on the silver bracelet your father had given to your years ago. It reminds you of your untold promise to him, how you'll do anything to make him proud. Now, you're undecided. He's holding secrets but are they good or bad? And, would he harm you if her finds out the intruder was actually you?

Your father leaves without taking another glance at the room. When leaving, he smirks but you don't see.

*****

Time to fulfill your promise to Wendy, keep her and Robbie - ugh - company for the rest of the day. You'd need to get rid of all the problems that recently took place and save the thinking for later. You'd also have to decide whether to confide in Wendy or not since she may know more than you, especially on the mystery man (AKA your father).

You're finally back at the cheap, definitely overrated fair. It's been a long day and you're exhausted but you're determined to fulfill this promise. You never break your word.

You spot Dipper and Mabel so you walk over to them.

Mabel looks more ecstatic than usual and she's holding a pig while Dipper has a little bit of a sad aura but he's happy to see Mabel happy.

"(Y/N), you wouldn't believe our day," Mabel shouts enthusiastically.

"Mine too," you mutter, too quiet for them to hear.

"We got a time travel watch and traveled back in time more than ten times! It was crazy and I won a pig! I named it 'Waddles' and also, Robbie and Wendy got together-"

"Robbie and Wendy?" It took a moment for it to click. You didn't know what to say. The lump in your throat was back, only this time there was no sort of fluttering sensation. Your heart was beating a little faster than usual though. "That's cool." It was hard for you to speak with the lump in your throat. Your voice was emotionless and so was your face.

"I thought you hated Robbie?" Dipper asks confused with your reply.

"Uhh... Yeah, I do but I meant for Wendy. She knows the difference between being treated good and wrong," you reply and turn once hearing Robbie's voice.

Robbie's feeding Wendy a candy apple and he has his arm draped around her shoulder.

"I got this, yip yip," Mabel pats Waddles and he runs to get the candy apple from Robbie. He jumps and bites the apple, making Robbie bump into a bucket of burning water. Unfortunately for him, the water causes his new jeans to shrink and tighten on him.

"Yesss, to your face," you fist bump the air, chuckling.

Wendy sees you and you both make eye contact. She seems surprised to see your actually expressing joy; she's never seen or heard you laugh before. Or show any type of enjoyment. That was now her mission. She was determined to make you genuinely laugh and have a good time.

Here was part 2 and I hope you enjoyed it. Please comment ( I love feedback) on mistakes, how the story is so far, etc.

Find me on:

Tumblr- www.tumblr.com/blog/heyitscris (anime blog)

DeviantArt- crisdiaz07.deviantart.com/

I love you if you read this far <3