Chapter 14

~Narrator's POV~

Having a crush on Wendy Corduroy sucks and finally finding out that you've been pining for quite some time sucks even more.

You've broken your own rule of caring too much; eventually, she'll just break your heart either accidentally or on purpose and you'll die. You knew you were being dramatic but it was just too confusing for you. Not even Mila made you feel this way and speaking of Mila, you needed to break off this relationship. You didn't and never even liked her; you were just leading her on. You would have to end it soon to prevent any further issues.

Maybe, you should check to see how Wendy was doing. Last time you talked to her, she said something about going out with Robbie and the rest of her friends.

You remove your arm from Mabel's shoulders and go to lean against a nearby wall, motioning her to move on with her friends. She eyes you questioningly, but continues walking. However, you feel her friends' eyes following your every movement, but they also move on, deciding to follow Mabel. For some reason, Mabel always has the creepiest friends. Or maybe it was just you.

You reach into the back pocket of your jeans and take out a sleek, black phone. On the corner of the back of the phone, there's a bright yellow star. Mabel had slapped the sticker on there after seeing your English grade. You were barely passing in school sue to laziness so it was a surprise to see you pass the class with a 98.

Mabel and Dipper knew how you didn't care for school, but this didn't stop you from encouraging them to do good. You would threaten them if they even thought about missing one assignment.

School wasn't for you; you didn't have the motivation so for you, there was no point in trying. Secretly though, you had a passion for literature so it was easy for you to get a 98. When both of them found out, Dipper was ecstatic and threw some of his favorite books at you to read and discuss with him in the future. Mabel was happy to see you interested in something education related for once and she gave you a sticker and pep talk as an award.

You looked at the notifications on your phone to check for any recent texts. There was one from Dipper saying that he was going to solve this brainwashing mystery, the one where he believes Robbie is brainwashing Wendy to go out with him. There was no way you believed Robbie being capable of this, but anything can happen in Gravity Falls. The other seven texts were all from Wendy. She texted about how boring it was at her group date with Robbie and how she wished for you to be there with her. She also invited you to come over her house later at 10 after everyone gets to bed. However, it was more like a statement than invitation. She expected you to come without any excuses. She probably wanted to talk about her boyfriend problems, how horrible Robbie is, which you'd have no problem telling the truth about and about you avoiding her.

It was very obvious. Whenever you saw her, you'd just turn around and walk away. Everyone in the room noticed and felt both the awkwardness and tension, but Wendy would pretend like nothing's happened. She still texted you even if you sometimes never texted back and she'd run to catch up to you, still babbling about her problems. You always pretend to be annoyed but you secretly love it.

"Terrible show!" A nasally voice yelled up ahead.

The good thing was that you were hidden by a wall, but the voice came from the side where Mabel and her friends were!

You wait a few seconds until you hear a door slam and you run to the other side of the room. You spot Mabel and run to her, throwing your arm around her. "Who the hell was that?!"

"(Y/N), we have to leave right now before that man comes back. We'll explain on the way home."

You finally take in your surroundings while Candy is unlocking the door to get out. There are human-sized hamster cages all around and are those Sev'ral Timez clones in glass containers? "Oh my God, Wendy and Dipper were right. Boy bands are just a product that is mass produced by the bloated, corporate music industry," you place your hands on your head, amazed at this new revelation.