Chapter 8

~Narrator's POV~

"I can't believe Gideon tried to kill me," Dipper stated to no one in particular. 

Mabel and Dipper had told both you and Wendy their perspective of what happened after Mabel told Gideon that their "relationship" was over. It was a good thing Mabel decided to do that since she walked in on Gideon trying to kill Dipper because he apparently thought this was some kind of sabotage. Crazy, right?

"So, what did you guys do when I left?" Mabel asked, eying you and Wendy. She noticed how much closet you both have got over the course of a few weeks. 

"Nothing much, just chilled in the room and played some video games," Wendy answered, shrugging her shoulders.

"You two together...in a room?!" Dipper looked to you frantically and then coughed to try and cover up his jealousy. "I mean...that's cool."

You gave him an amused look, raising one eyebrow. Wow, he can become jealous so quickly, even over the littlest things. Doesn't he remember that you have a girlfriend?

To break this awkward tension, Wendy gets up and pushes aside a blue curtain. She reveals a ladder and secret tunnel to the roof. "Check this out," she climbs up and beckons everybody to follow. 

Once up, she shows everyone where she goes to slack off at work. There's a chair, cooler, and umbrella. How does she still work here? Not that you agree to this. 

*****

You're sitting at the cash register, deciding which out of the two scenes is more entertaining: Wendy and Mabel having a random dance party or Dipper creepily staring at Wendy and pretending to take down notes. 

Dipper was just too obvious at times. It didn't even look like he was taking down actual notes. Did he actually think this act was believable? What could he possibly be taking notes on?! Wendy's dance moves?

The clock strikes six, emitting a loud shriek, signaling that it was the end of Wendy's shift. 

"Ooo, quitting time. (Y/N), let's go, the gang's waiting to meet you," Wendy grabs your arm, about to run out the door. 

You sigh, but comply since you did promise her the other day about meeting her friends. They sounded too wild for you though; you were a pretty calm person and preferred to stay inside, play video games, and binge watch your shows. 

"We should go, we're thirteen," Dipper lies, making you smirk and raise an eyebrow. 

"Oh, yeah. You guys are definitely thirteen," you comment sarcastically and turn to Wendy who looks like she agrees to Dipper and Mabel coming along. 

All of you leave the shack and are introduced to Wendy's group of friends who are elated to see her. There's five people. 

Lee turns out to be a light-skinned guy with shoulder length blonde hair and Nate has dark skin with short, dark brown hair hidden under an aqua green cap. Tambry has tan skin and short dyed purple hair with a pink highlight on the left side of her hair. She barely looks up from her phone when being introduced to you guys. Thompson has light skin and brown hair and finally, Robbie, the last of Wendy's friends has pale skin with black hair in a stereotypical "emo hairstyle." He looks like a wannabe rebel. 

After introductions, everybody gets in the car, setting the destination to an abandoned store. 

*****

"And, here we are," Wendy gets out the car, approaching the barbed wire fence which was surrounding the abandoned store. "All we have to do is get over--Aww, dude, that's cool." Wendy watches you jump down from the fence. 

For the first time, you actually land on your two feet without tripping! That's an Oscar worthy performance. 

You shrug if off, pretending like it was nothing. However, on the inside, you were ecstatic and jumping for joy even though all you did was jump off a fence.

The others follow your lead, jumping down quickly and Dipper taking his slow time. Dipper soon proves himself worthy to be in Wendy's group by opening the door by going through the store's air vent.

You're the first one to walk in, Mabel right next to you. The spider webs and dust coated items show that nobody's been in here for a very long time. To prove this, Mabel swipes her finger on one of the dusty donation trays and licks it. "Yep, that's dust."

Your nose crinkles and you slap her hand in disbelief. "Eww, don't do that. It's not sanitary."

"Now, we do anything," Wendy proudly states, turning on the lights, making everybody but you excited.

*****

Lee and Nate are hitting each other with bags of cat litter, Mabel is eating Smile Dip which you're pretty sure is some type of addictive substance, and the rest of the group is exploding soda with mentos. Not really your definition of fun. You're sitting on one of the tables by yourself, watching your siblings have a blast. You preferred watching them; you had fun knowing that they were enjoying themselves. You would have to thank Wendy later, but only when there was no one around to witness this sole act of kindness and vulnerability. 

You flinch as somebody puts their hand on your shoulder. 

What a coincidence: Wendy. 

Hello, readers!  I'm back for good and I'm sorry for being gone for a few weeks. I've been busy with school and IB classes but the good thing is that I'll be updating more since the workload has lessened. Also, thanks for 1k, I'm so happy and appreciative for all the reads and comments. It really makes my day to sign into Wattpad and read all these lovely comments even if they're not directed towards me; I'm just glad to see all of you enjoying my work. This was a short chapter today but many more updates are coming soon. I can assure all of you that this story will be updated at least once a week. However, sometimes if I'm feeling generous or have time to write an extra chapter, there will be more updates in a week. Please comment ( I love feedback) on mistakes, how the story is so far, etc.

Find me on:

Tumblr- www.tumblr.com/blog/heyitscris (anime blog)

DeviantArt- crisdiaz07.deviantart.com/

I love you if you read this far <3