Chapter 20

~Narrator's POV~

*Warning: Mentions of nonconsensual sex*

Nothing adds up. You've been brainstorming the topic of Mila for hours and you were still stuck. It just doesn't make sense.

Why would she hide this from you? Actually, scratch that out. Pregnancy's a scary thing, especially when you're a teen and the baby daddy's not even with you anymore. There's a lot of reasons for her to be hiding the baby from you, but what doesn't make sense are the smaller side effects. For example, where's that baby bump? It should be a lot bigger if the last time you had sex was about three months ago. Things like this don't add up.

However, it doesn't matter; nothing's going to change the relationship between you two. The relationship's over and you were definitely going to keep it this way. If she is lying you'd find out soon and things will go back to the way they were. If she wasn't lying then in a few months you'd be a father and there was no way you would let her have custody of that baby.

When she comes over you'd have to low-key interrogate her; see if Mila's actually telling the truth.

Music is blasting upstairs thanks to Wendy. It's like she doesn't have eardrums; she always plays it extra loud. Doesn't matter where it's coming from. She could be listening to tv, the radio, an audiobook, but the volume has to be in the penultimate setting. Yes, penultimate. She does this thing to tease you all the time and the sad thing is it never fails. You just don't understand why she would turn the volume exactly to the number before the last. If the volume goes up to 20, she'd be the one to put it at 19.

It bugs the shit out of you and she knows it, which is why she continues to do it. You're pretty sure by now that this wasn't a habit of hers until she started hanging out with you. The only reason she does it is to bother you; she knows about your weird pet peeves.

Currently, you are downstairs in the kitchen at Wendy's house. She invited you over to hang out, but what you didn't know was that it was initially Dipper who set up this movie night. Let's just say he wasn't too happy to see you stroll in with Wendy's arm wrapped around your shoulder.

You felt bad so here you were, trying your best to give Dipper some time alone with Wendy. You have unintentionally been hogging her, so this was the least you could do. You know Dipper's been dying to spend time with her.

And, that's the reason why you're in the kitchen, sitting on one of those tall bar chairs. You excused yourself by saying you had a call, to which you think you heard Dipper squeal in delight.

What do people do in this situation? You didn't want to randomly leave. If you did, Wendy would keep questioning you until she received an answer she was satisfied with. The other option meant lying and that was something you were definitely not going to do. You promised each other you wouldn't lie but she could also tell if you were, so it didn't make sense to.

Ding!

You look down at your phone to see a text from Dipper. "I'm getting us out of here?" You mumble the sentence in confusion, rereading the text to make sure you read it right. That's weird. He wants to leave so soon and you're sure the movie's not even over yet.

You hear someone running down the stairs. Dipper grabs your arm, dragging you out the door, not allowing you to speak until you're out of the house.

"Don't speak. Please just let me enjoy the silence for now." Dipper lets go of you and quickly walks ahead.

You shrug and walk faster to catch up.

*****

"Dipper, you are so dramatic, and I thought I was the dramatic one," you laugh, popping a piece of popcorn into your mouth.