Chapter 4

~Narrator's POV~

You're in the kitchen, watching your siblings silly shenanigans. They're at the table seeing who could get the syrup to land in their mouth first. The usual.

Mabel wins the crazy battle, making Dipper sigh in defeat, but Mabel enters into a coughing fit.

You snort, looking over to see what Dipper's looking at. He's looking at the Gravity Falls Newspaper at a section labeled "Monster Photo Contest."

"Guys, look at this," Dipper states.

"Now, that's something I can work with," you comment, standing up out of your seat. "Let's use that freaky journal of yours. The gnomes were real so there must be other legendary creatures out there! Maybe, we'll find a wild Pikachu! Just give me a sec to load up on pocket knives and lint rollers."

"Family Bonding Day," Stan announces as he walks into the kitchen. He opens the fridge, sniffing the milk first before taking a sip. "Getcha blindfolds on and head in my car!"

"Yay!" Mabel and Dipper sound way too happy over this. Dipper soon notices the problem with Stan's statement and hesitates.

"I'm not wearing the blindfold. I'm joining for the sake of these two," you point towards Mabel and Dipper.

*****

You jump out the car, taking a nice, long look at your surroundings. A clear lake, sand, and everybody from the town.

"Ahh this is going to be great. All four of us fishing in a boat with goofy hats," Stan hands all three of you fishing hats that match each of your names. This was going to be pure torture. Wearing this hat would currently ruin your stylish self.

Luckily, an old man with a long white beard and bandage came running, knocking over and throwing things upside down. He even slapped a sandwich out of a man's hands. Poor sandwich, rest in peace.

"The GobbleWonker," he screamed, holding onto Mabel. "It's dangerous!"

Eyebrows lowered, you take his hand off Mabel's shoulder and push her behind you.

The old man, who turns out to be Old Man McGucket, points to the wrecked boats, blaming it to be the work of the GobbleWonker. However, nobody believes him.

"If we find this creature, we can all split the prize of $1000," Dipper whispers to you and Mabel.

"Sure," you reply.

"Yay, and I can buy a human hamster ball!" Mabel shouts happily, immersed in a dream of how cool she'll be if she buys one.

"You guys ready?" Stan asks, preparing the bait.

At that moment, Soos arrives with a ship ten times bigger than Stan's. There was no way we were not going to end up on that ship. It's too much of an amazing opportunity to miss.

"Alright, let's think this through," Stan starts comparing his boat to Soos'.

"Bye, have fun," you dryly state, watching Stan's reaction as you aboard the other boat. You didn't want to give Stan the satisfaction of seeing any other emotion from you. You can't trust him. Feelings always have to be put away. You pat Soos' back as soon as you get on as a silent way of thanking him.

Not even a minute later, the twins get on and we sail to the cover where the GobbleWonker should be.

Dipper shows the 17 disposable cameras he bought for the trip. For some reason, Mabel and Soos really get into the skit Dipper created to show them how important it was to have back-up cameras. They start throwing and breaking the cameras.

"Guys, are you always this stupid or is today a special occasion? Stop breaking the cameras," you tell Mabel and Soos.

"We have eleven cameras," Dipper counts while Soos is eating the fish food.

*****

"Huh, this is no use," Dipper sighs. "We might as well turn back now." He looks to see you all staring behind him. "What are...Run!"

All of you run to the boat and you take the wheel trying to steer it into the cave. Soos is throwing cameras at the GobbelWonker that's chasing all of us and Mabel and Dipper are trying to take pictures of it.

Entering the cave, the monster gets stuck, and ends ups being crushed by a boulder. Smoke rises from the head and a latch door on the back of the monster pops open.

"I did not expect that," both you and Soos comment at the same time.

Old Man McGucket comes out of the monster, telling his story of why he created the monster. It turns out that he just wanted attention; he was lonely from his family not paying attention to him.

"I feel bad. We should go back to Stan," Mabel confesses.

Dipper agrees and we all walk back to where Stan was, joining him on his fishing trip.

Another vibration is coming from your pocket and you glance at your phone. It's Mila again. Five missed calls. You smack your head, annoyed that you forgot to call her in the morning. She's going to be beyond pissed. Tomorrow, you must call her; ignoring her this long is bad. Shrugging it off, you turn back to Stan and the others, fishing to take your mind off of her.

I decided to update early and I'm actually working on the next chapter already. That will definitely go up tomorrow. So, at first, I wanted to do each chapter based on an episode but I think that would make the story too tv show based and boring. Instead, I'm going to pick only episodes that have more of Wendy in them or are plot based. Also, some chapters are not going to be based on the episode like the next chapter that's going up tomorrow. Tomorrow's update will be focused on the reader's current relationship and how he feels about it.

I'm thinking about creating another x reader story. If you have any ideas or requests, comment. Please comment ( I love feedback) on mistakes, how the story is so far, etc.

Find me on:

Tumblr- www.tumblr.com/blog/heyitscris (anime blog)

DeviantArt- crisdiaz07.deviantart.com/

I love you if you read this far <3