Part 4

Draco walked into the Slytherin common room, looking around for Pansy and found her sitting in a chaise by one of the large lake windows. She was reading a letter with an unfortunately familiar look on her face.

Draco swept to his room, collecting the box of french truffles his mother had owled him, tossing his robes over the end of his bed and returning to the common room. He pushed Pansy's legs over, ignoring her yelp of surprise, and sat down beside her, "Have a chocolate." He opened the box and held it out.

Pansy glared at him briefly before her expression fell.

"What is it?" Draco asked nodding to the letter.

Pansy took a truffle and nibbled on the edge, "From my parents," she said quietly.

"But they-"

"Threatened to disown me?" Pansy said sourly, half crumpling the letter as she shoved it between the chaise cushions.

Draco nodded.

"Apparently, they're willing to forgive everything," Pansy laughed bitterly.

"There's an if, isn't there?" Draco asked.

Pansy nodded, sucking the melted chocolate off her thumb, "Lord wherever-the-fuck still wants to honour the marriage contract."

"Even after you told him to shove it up his arse?" Draco asked in disbelief.

Pansy took another truffle, "He likes my fiery spirit," she said mockingly.

Draco shook his head, "Moron."

"A total fuckwit," Pansy agreed.

"You're free to stay with me for forever if you want," Draco said, "The manor is a far cry from a french chateau but it's not all bad."

"It could stand to have more vineyards," Pansy said dryly.

Draco smiled, "I'll have Kipper plant one when school's finished."

"A vineyard?"

"A grapevine," Draco said, "you never said it had to be large."

Pansy laughed, relaxing back into the cushions, "Well, thank you." She finished off the second truffle with a happy sigh, "I'll find some sort of work after school, I don't intend to depend on you forever."

Draco said, "A shame since I intend to depend on you forever."

"Once you have Potter you can mope and whine at him," Pansy said. She took a truffle and shoved it in his face.

Draco took the chocolate lest it end up smeared across his cheek and possibly in his hair. "I neither mope or whine and Potter is more likely to hex me than indulge me."

"I don't know about that, he's such a soft touch isn't he?" Pansy said.

"To house elves and Weasleys," Draco said.

"As if you aren't a soft touch to house elves," Pansy let her head fall on his shoulder, "What is it you like about him anyway?"

"He's quite fit, don't you think?" Draco said.

Pansy made a face, "I don't."

"I imagine he would be a fantastic shag," Draco went on.

"That is not what I meant, Draco," Pansy said, "Tell me about the feelings."

"Pansy-"

"I promise I won't tell," Pansy said, "I'm curious. You've hated him for so long."

Draco ate the truffle, letting it melt slowly on his tongue.