Part 8

Draco corked the last two vials of wolfsbane and put them into the box with the others, checking that the cushioning charms were in good repair before latching it closed. He carried the cauldron to the sink and filled it with water and soap, rinsing it three times and thoroughly hand drying it before setting it back on the table and covering it with a cloth.

The door opened, and Potter stepped inside, "I still stink," he muttered peevishly.

"Oh yes, it gets into the skin. It should be mostly gone by tomorrow," Draco said, "I assumed you left."

"Thought about it," Potter said.

Draco pulled his cloak on and picked up the box, "I've already finished."

Potter grimaced, "I wasn't much help tonight."

"Quite entertaining though," Draco said.

Potter glared at him.

Draco shrugged.

Potter looked away with a huff, "You're extremely frustrating."

"That's what you wanted, Potter," Draco said, searching Potter's expression.

"I don't know what I want..." Potter said so quietly Draco didn't fully make it out. He took a deep breath and looked at Draco, "What do you do after this?"

Draco hesitated then looked down at the box, "I go to the owlery."

"You send the whole thing?" Potter asked. "I figured it'd be lots of little packages."

"I send it to the manor, and Kipper, my house elf, apparates the potion to each house. It's more efficient, he can ignore wards, and can't be tracked by the ministry." He walked over to the door, "You might as well go back to your dorm for the night." He shifted the box to one arm and grabbed the doorknob. He cleared his throat meaningfully at Potter.

"Right, sorry," Potter said, quickly following Draco out into the hall.

Draco pulled the door closed.

"I could help."

"What?" Draco said, his hand frozen on the knob.

"Going to the owlery, I can help so you don't get caught," Potter said, pulling his invisibility cloak out of his robes.

Draco allowed himself to consider it for just a second then shook his head, "No. I've never had any problems."

"Our professors can spot disillusionment spells, or a prefect might be patrolling, and there's Ms Norris," Potter said.

Draco rolled his eyes, "As I said, I've never had any problems. Filch never comes into the dungeons this late."

Potter pulled an elaborately folded piece of parchment from his pocket and pressed his wand to it, murmuring something under his breath. The parchment to bloom with writing and then a map of the entire castle drawn in painstaking detail.

Draco shifted closer, trying to peer over Potter's shoulder while he was engrossed. He soon saw why, there were little names on the map, a name for everyone, including his and Potter's down in the depths of the castle.

"...You can't be serious," Draco said faintly.

Potter glanced over his shoulder at Draco, looking embarrassed, "Err... yeah. I've had it for a while."

"I see," Draco said. He looked away and pulled his hood over his hair, "I'm going."

"Wait," Potter said. He walked over and pinned the map between his knees, shaking out his invisibility cloak. He swung it around Draco's shoulders, grinned nervously, and let the front of the hood fall to shroud Draco's face, "It's always a bit strange seeing someone else in the cloak."