Part 7

"Good morning, Draco," Millicent said, shaking her head, and holding the door open for him.

"Morning Millicent," Draco said hurrying past her into the girl's dorm, "Pansy!"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Daphne screeched.

Draco waved a dismissive hand in her general direction, pulling open the curtains of Pansy's bed.

Pansy scowled up at him, her eyes squinted nearly shut, her hair spread in a mess across her crumpled pillow.

"GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT!" Daphne wailed.

"Oh shut up, Daphne," Pansy muttered.

Daphne stamped her feet, "I'm not dressed! This is highly inappropriate!"

"He's not interested, Daphne," Pansy said flatly.

Draco sat on the end of Pansy's bed, pulling his knees up as he turned to face her, "Listen-"

"I don't care if he's your boyfriend, I want him out!" Daphne demanded.

Pansy rolled her eyes, "You're slower than a sea sponge, Daphne."

Draco spelled the curtains closed, following it with a privacy charm and a small lumos, "There's something I need to tell you-"

"Are you pregnant?" Pansy asked.

"What?!" Draco said, thoroughly taken aback, "No!"

"And you're not dead, so I couldn't possibly care less," Pansy said, pressing her face back into her pillow with a sigh.

"It's about Potter," Draco said urgently.

"Still don't care," Pansy said, her words muffled.

Draco smacked her leg under the blanket, "You'd have to get up in fifteen minutes anyway so just listen to me."

Pansy pulled her leg back and kicked him in the shin, "Fuck you. This had better be interesting."

"I may have neglected to mention that Potter discovered me brewing yesterday," Draco said.

Pansy turned her head, her eye slowly opening like an enraged sea serpent emerging from the depths, "You neglected to mention?"

"I was going to, but Potter was- he-" Draco looked down at his hands, tangling his fingers together, "he surprised me. He asked to help me brew the wolfsbane."

"What?" Pansy struggled up to a sitting position, "Potter's helping you? I offered to help and you told me to piss off."

Draco gave her a look, "You got a Dreadful on your Owls and dropped the class after fifth year. You are maliciously bad at potions."

Pansy shrugged, "So?"

Draco rolled his eyes.

Pansy grabbed her wand and charmed her hair straight with a sigh, "How's it going then?"

"He's a decent brewer but..." Draco hesitated, "Potter said I was weird."

"You are weird," Pansy said.

"I'm not."

Pansy yawned and scratched her nose, "Whatever. Weird how?"

"He thought I was imperused," Draco huffed, "Just because I was polite and nice."

Pansy looked thoughtful and then nodded, "That's rather clever. I mean if you ignore the easiest solution of you being stupid in love, it makes sense."

Draco flushed and frowned, "I'm not in love."

"You are stupid."

"I hate you," Draco said.