Part 38

"Draco! Draco! You have to see this-" Pansy flung his curtains back and flinched away just as quickly, "UGHH! Why are you naked?! Put on some pants!"

Draco slowly pushed himself up, sleepily grabbing the pair of Harry's joggers hanging half off the bed, "It's saturday, and I've finished a week of brewing, why shouldn't I do whatever the fuck I want? You're the one coming into my room unannounced."

"You don't sleep in the nude, ever," Pansy said.

"Yeah well," Draco said, looking around as he realised Harry was gone. He pouted at the other, empty side of the bed, "I had company."

"Are you decent?" Pansy said impatiently.

"No."

"Hurry. Up!" Pansy snapped.

Draco rolled his eyes and slowly, awkwardly pulled the joggers on without standing and falling back onto the pillow as soon as his arse was covered, "done."

Pansy sat next to him, holding a magazine in front of his face.

It was the most recent issue of Witch Weekly, and the picture on the front was-

Draco sat up, grabbing the magazine out of Pansy's hands. He stared at Harry's face, "...Is this what he was doing the other night?"

"Hey!" Pansy protested.

In the photo Harry was staring straight ahead, his gaze unwavering, the only sign that it was a moving photograph was his hair, slipping back over his forehead. They had tried to push his hair back to better show his famous scar, but Harry's hair had decided otherwise. Draco wondered how long they had struggled with it before just accepting they weren't going to get a better photo.

The cover lead read, Exclusive Interview with Harry Potter, Moving On and Growing Up in a Postwar World, by Miho Aikyo

"Push over," Pansy said, "I haven't read it either, I came straight here."

Draco moved over so Pansy could squeeze in beside him to read over his shoulder. He flipped past pages of fashions and hairstyles, household and beauty charms to the article near the back. There was another full page picture of Harry in profile, he was sitting on examining table at St. Mungo's looking tired and a little lost, swinging his legs back and forth as he waited.

Draco started reading.

I don't know what I expected when Harry Potter asked to do an interview with me, but it wasn't sitting in St Mungo's late one night waiting for a full potions report back from a rather harried looking healer.

It had been a stipulation of the interview and with Mr Potter- "Harry," he insisted-and with Harry being so notoriously private, it was one I was quick to accept. Despite this Harry apologised, "Sorry, I know it's late." I wasn't concerned about the time, only curious about its reason.

His young life has been filled with sensational reporting, often with stories that were untrue, exaggerated or blatantly written to vilify him. With the war over, the news now reports the best of Harry, and instead takes every opportunity to target those around him.

"You might have seen the article the Prophet ran recently about me and Draco Malfoy," Harry said, his voice quiet but filling the empty white room-

Pansy gripped Draco's arm, practically holding her breath, "fucking merlin and morgana..."

-There weren't many who hadn't or heard the many rumours that followed. Harry had always avoided reporters for just that reason. But this latest article from the Prophet changed his mind.