Part 23

Harry was waiting by the door and shut it behind them. He cleared his throat, "...I don't think you mum likes me very much."

"She only loves four people and is indifferent at best towards the rest," Draco said, "She doesn't really do 'like' if that makes you feel any better."

"Does she know about- about you and me?" Harry asked.

"For about a week now."

Harry said, "She didn't set me on fire so it couldn't have gone too badly. Unless it didn't. Should I be worried about being murdered in my sleep?"

Draco gave him a look, "Really?"

"I was joking?" Harry said.

Draco rolled his eyes. "It's fine," he said, leading Harry into his rooms.

"This is the sitting room," Draco pointed flippantly, "bedroom to the left, bathroom and dressing room to the right."

"Is this... your room?" Harry asked, wandering around and looking through the open doorway into his bedroom.

"Yes? Who else do imagine it belonged to?" Draco said, crossing the table in front of the crackling fireplace. He put down his plate and picked up the abandoned bottle of champagne.

Harry shrugged, "Anyone? Or no one. It looks like a hotel room, a really fancy one but still." He walked around and looked into the bathroom, "I thought there would be more...you."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Draco asked filling his glass.

"There are no-" Harry gestured around, "Posters or knick-knacks or even books, you've got to have books."

Draco followed Harry gaze to the muted blue walls, the rugs were blue, white and grey, the drapes were a soft grey as well. The walls were blank, the tables were all empty aside from his nightstand, there was nothing on the floor or on the furniture. It looked almost exactly as is had the day he took the room as his own.

"I have a personal study for all my books and notes," Draco said. He tapped the side of the glass anxiously. "...This isn't the room I grew up in," he said, taking a bracing swallow of champagne.

Harry's brow furrowed.

Draco held out the glass and Harry took it without thinking and then frowned at his hand. "It's champagne," Draco said.

"It's a nice room, I suppose. You must have moved in recently," Harry said, sitting next to him and sipping the champagne, "Oh. This is good."

Draco raised an eyebrow.

Harry shrugged, "They've always got champagne at ministry things, and it's usually crap."

"There's hope for you yet, Harry Potter," Draco said, finishing off his bun.

"I like your nails."

Draco twitched in surprise, turning his hands over to look at them, "I forgot. Pansy did them as a christmas gift."

Harry took one of his hands, running his thumb over the shiny blue-green lacquer, "It suits you, unsurprisingly."

"Why?" Draco asked suspiciously

"Because you look good in everything."

Draco smiled at the praise. "Not true. I look awful in yellow. If you ever buy me anything yellow I will incendio it on sight."

"Not even as a joke?" Harry asked.

Draco raised an eyebrow, "If that's what amuses you, feel free to indulge."