Part 40

"Hurry up," Pansy said Draco, tapping her fork in an annoying insistent rhythm on her empty plate.

Draco didn't even bother looking up from his breakfast.

"I know you and Potter are still in your honeymoon phase, but it's just an hour or two," Pansy said.

Draco sulkily chewed on a piece of toast.

Pansy sighed, "...I'm sooo very grateful to you for coming to Hogsmeade with me."

"You better be," Draco said.

Pansy rolled her eyes.

Draco ate one last bite, finished his tea and got to his feet, "Let's go."

"Oh, now you're in a hurry," Pansy said.

Draco pulled his kraken cloak over his shoulders and walking through the great hall without waiting for Pansy, enjoying a small smirk at her curses as she hurried to catch up with him.

Draco slipped through the maze of students as some left to get to Hogsmeade early, and others headed into the great hall for a late breakfast before the tables were cleared. He followed behind a large group of Ravenclaws, caught up in chatting one another and forcing everyone to go around them as they headed for the door.

"Good morning."

Draco turned around.

Harry gave him a nod as he headed into the Great Hall with Weasley and Granger, "Cool cloak."

Draco managed a nod in return, "Thank you."

Pansy grabbed his arm, her voice a hiss, "Keep moving. Don't make it weird, numb-nuts."

Draco let himself be steered without complaint, "Is this part of your-?"

"I like your cloak too," A Ravenclaw girl blurted.

The entire group of Ravenclaws had stopped at Harry's greeting, seemingly just as surprised as Draco was.

The Ravenclaw girl asked "I've never seen anything like it. Where is it from?"

"It was made by Kate Northmore, she was trained by Reboux," Draco said.

The Ravenclaw girl's eyes widened with a very satisfying level of shock, "TheReboux?" she asked in a whisper.

"The Reboux," Draco confirmed, "She works at Gladrags Wizardwear."

"Who is Reboux?" One of the Ravenclaw girls' friends asked.

The Ravenclaw girl shook her head at her friend, "I'll explain on the way. I haveto get to Gladrags." She nearly ran for the door, hesitating before stepping outside to offer Draco a quick wave.

Draco nodded in return.

"I'm brilliant," Pansy said smugly, leading him to the doors, "And my plans are brilliant."

"Don't count a potion a success before it's brewed," Draco said.

"You're such a cynic," Pansy said.

Draco cast an extra warming charm over both of them as they stepped outside, "Well if you told me your plan, perhaps I could be more optimistic."

"Bullshit you would be," Pansy said.

"A hint then," Draco said.

Pansy paused and then smiled sweetly, "Here's a hint then: we're helping you, you ungrateful fuck."

Draco frowned at her.

"Don't pout, that hasn't worked since we were twelve," Pansy said.

"I am not pouting," Draco said.