I Saw Her Standing There

I woke up the next day, the right side of my face still stung from the night before.

Thanks, Dad.

I sighed, getting out of bed. First day of school in a new city. Gear.

I walked to Linda's room, "Morning sunshine" I chirped.

Linda smiled brightly at me, "Morning Mama" She giggled.

I smiled, "How did you sleep, cutie?" I asked.

"Goooooood" She smiled.

I grin. "Alright. Well, let's go get some breakfast!" I said.

"Yay!" She said, rushing out of the room.

"Morning Princess!" Dad smiled at Linda.

"Morning Grandpa!" Linda chirped.

I cringed. I can't wait for the day when I can take my daughter and leave this horrible family. It's just my dad, Linda and I. My dad shouldn't even be in the picture after everything he has done. Linda shouldn't even have to be brought up onto this.

"Sit at the table, love. Let me get you some breakfast." I said, grabbing two bowls and a box of cereal.

I glance at my father. "Dad, what would you like?" I asked my father while pouring a bowl of cereal for Linda.

"Eggs would be fine, please" He said, reading the newspaper.

Somebody's happy.

"Will do!" I smiled.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, "One second" I told my father.

I rushed down the stairs, opening the door quickly.

I gasp. "Oh, John! Hey, you're here early" I said, seeing John all ready for school.

He smiled, "I see you're ready for school." He smirked at my pajamas.

I glare at him.

" Don't worry. You still have plenty of time until we have to leave." He said.

I smiled, "Come in. I'm making breakfast."

I ran back up the stairs as John closed the front door, running up the stairs too.

"Dad, this is John. John Lennon. I met him yesterday. He lives across the street." I said, going back into the kitchen.

I saw dad look up from his newspaper, looking at John in disgust.

Just like Mimi.

"You can call me Tom." Father said as he went back reading the paper.

John sat down awkwardly.

I placed dad's eggs on a plate as I grabbed his cup of coffee.

I rushed out of the kitchen walking towards him. I set his breakfast on the table.

"Here you go, dad" I said, smiling softly.

Dad put his newspaper down, staring at the coffee.

He looked up at me, "Did I tell you that I wanted coffee?" He snapped.

I gulped, "N-No, you just usually have coffee in the morning. I-I thought-"

Dad sighed, "Enough. Go on. Get ready for school." He shooed me away.

I sighed, taking my bowl of cereal to the kitchen.

At least I packed lunch early. I can at least eat that today.