Long, Long, Long

That day, John and I spent the rest of that day at Julia's. 

She's a very kind, sweet woman. I can just see that John adores her. I mean, why not? She's his mother, and she hasn't been around so much. What I love about her is that she's trying to pick up broken pieces and she's putting them back together so well.

The only bad side of this all is that I barely even see John anymore. That's odd, right? Considering we live together and he's my boyfriend and such. We do the same things in the morning, the same things during the day. But now it's like he's becoming my father. "You can't come back until dark, the same time I do. Mimi might get suspicious" He'd say.

If he wasn't in school, he'd rather be with the band or his mum. If I wasn't at school, I'd rather be at the park or with Ritchie, secretly.

"It's not right of 'im, ya know?" Ringo said.

I sighed, "I know it isn't. But I understand why, music is more important to him and his mum is as well. Besides, she just got here. John gets a free pass for a while to not see me.." I sadly said.

Ritchie wrapped one arm around me, "I'm in a band, but I wouldn't have music be more important than you.." Richard shyly said.

I blushed, "You're in a band? I didin't know that"

He chuckled, "Yup. We're called the Rory Storm and The Hurricanes"

I smiled, "That's amazing!" I said in awe.

Ritchie laughed, "Yeah, I play the drums."

I turned my head to him, "I've never met someone who could play the drums, how interesting! I've always wanted to learn....."

He smiled at me.

"Is it easy?" I asked.

Rithcie shrugged, "Tis for me. I was sick as a kid, so I may not be school smart... But I defiantly am drum smart" He winked at me.

I laughed, "Well, that's always good. To be smart in music, that is"

He smirked, "It is.. I heard you're a musical prodigy as well.."

I looked away, blushing, "Yeah.. But I can't see myself in music. I'll just be like how my mum was, have a big dream but put it away to be a housewife."

Ritchie smirked, "Big dreams, huh?" He sarcastically said.

I playfully slapped his shoulder.

He laughed, "You can still live your dreams, Rita. You aren't married nor do you have kids" He said.

I looked down, sighing, "That's the point, Richard..." I mumbled.

He looked at me oddly, "What do you mean?"

I looked back at him, "I already am one, basically. I have John... and I have Linda"

"But Linda isn't your child, she's going to grow up and-"

"Richard, Linda is my baby..." I confessed.

His eyes grew, "J-John's?"

I shook my head, "Me own father's" I said, ashamed..

I covered my face as I started crying.

Richard pulled me closer to him as he hugged me, "Did your father do that to ye? Is he a bad man?" Ritchie said softly.

I nodded.

Richard stroked my back, "Oh, Rita.. I'm so sorry.."

I shook my head, pulling apart from him, "It's not your fault, Richard." I said, wiping tears away.

"I love Linda with all my heart. I wouldn't change a thing.." I smiled weakly at him.

Ritchie smiled at me sympathetically, "I understand, Rita. A mother's love can't change much"

I hugged him, "Thanks for understanding, Ritchie.." I whispered.

"Of course, love... But hey, call me Ringo for now on, okay?" He said.

I broke the hug, looking at him oddly, "Ringo? Where is that from?"

He shrugged, "I went from Richard Starkey to Ringo Starr. The band likes it more, for when we become famous.. It sounds more like a rock star name, ye know?"

I chuckled, "I like it, Ringo. It's different, but are you sure there isn't another reason?" I asked.

Ringo smirked, "I wear a lot of rings, ye see.... They call me Ringo because of that" He said shyly.

I giggled, "I've noticed." I said, taking a hold of his hand, looking at them.

"You have very lovely rings... And hands" I laughed.

Ringo laughed along with me, "So do you"

I smiled at him.

Behind Ringo, I saw Paul running towards us.

"RITA!" Paul shouted.

I stepped beside Ringo to look at Paul.

Paul ran up to me, grabbing my arms. "You need to come with me now, something happened with John's mum" He said frantic.

My eyes widened, I started panicking, "What happened, Paul?" I asked.

"Julia's dead" Paul cried.