I'm So Tired

I got Linda ready for her day, "Now listen, Linda. Be good to Mimi, don't cause any trouble and do as you're told." I said stern.

Linda nodded, "Alright, mummy."

I smiled, kissing her forehead, "Good. Mummy needs to go to school now with John. I love you" I said as I put Linda down.

I limped down the stairs, I heard Linda's footsteps follow me.

"Is John my new daddy?" Linda asked.

I looked at John, he was smirking.

I laughed, "No, darling. He's just John" I smirked.

Linda sighed, "Oh."

John knelt down to Linda's height, "But you can call me daddy if you'd like" John smiled.

Linda's face went from sad to happy as she jumped up and hugged him, "Thank you..... Daddy"

I chuckled, but inside my heart melted.

John kissed Linda's cheek and set her down, "Bye Linda, see you later" He said.

Linda smiled waving at us, "Bye Mummy, Bye Daddy!"

I chuckled, holding John's hand as we walked out the door.

I tried my best to walk as normal as possible, but it hurt like a bitch. You'd understand if you were stabbed multiple times in the leg.

"Are you alright, love?" John looked at me with concern.

Shit! He must've seen me limp! 

"Uh, Yeah. Just my leg fell asleep, it always takes a long time for it to wake up.." I lied.

"Oh, Alright.." John squeezed my hand.

"Linda is a cute girl. She looks just like ye" John smiled.

I blushed, "She's a sweet girl as well, if only her father wasn't a douche. Either way he wouldn't be her father, I wouldn't allow that." 

John nodded, "I'd rather be her dad than your old man be her's"

I smirked, "Alright then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walk to school was agonizing.

I couldn't feel my leg by the time we got to school, yet somehow I could still walk.

The morning classes were a drag, That's a first.

During 4th hour, I started to feel light headed.

Come on, Rita! You can make it! Toughen up, you're in school for Christ's sake! 

I shook my head, as the bell rang. As if that noise made it any better.

It's been a rough morning, but John made it better for a short time. Now reality was hitting me on what happened to my father and I.

"Class dismissed" The math teacher said, reading his notes.

I nodded, as I got up and quickly grabbed my things.

The quicker I get to my next class, the quicker I'll be to a seat where I can rest.

I rushed down the hallways, loosing my balance left and right.

Damn it! Pull yourself together!

"Rita!" I heard John's voice ring through my ears. John always likes to walk with me to my next class, since we have almost each class together.

"Hey! I was gonna wait for you but you just rushed out of math, are you alright?" John asked, holding my shoulder.

I nodded multiple times, "Yeah, Yeah.. I'm fine" I said, trying to find focus in my eyes.

John stared at me, "You don't look that well, love."

I rubbed my eyes, "Just tired is all. I've been up since 5... I'll be fine, John" I said, kissing his lips.

John sighed, "Alright" He said,  wrapping one arm around me as we walked to Art.

We started to walk down the tilted hallways.

I stumbled as John caught me.

"Clumsy today, aren't we? That's not like you, love" John chuckled.

I didn't say anything, I just held John's hand as we walked to the next class.

I stopped in the middle of the hallway.

John stared at me, "Love, you are not alright. I can just tell" He said.

I shook my head, "I-I'm alri-"

I fell onto the cold, hard floor.

John called my name, but his voice began to go faint.

"SHE'S BLEEDING!" Was the last thing I heard.