Chapter 12 - I know, I just...

Nate's POV

We walked out to the small balcony. I gave him my phone and told him to open up the text message from my mom. He opened and started reading.

"Oh my God...." I said I couldn't believe it. I couldn't understand him, all I could hear was my worrying.

My hands were shaking, I was terrified what if my brother is dead. Drew read the text but none of the words processed. I heard the words, I knew he was talking, I just didn't know what he said.

"Can you read it again Drew, I didn't hear the first time?" I ask.

"Yeah. It says, 'Nate I know you have been worried sick about your brother. I want you to know that he has gained consciousness and he is doing great. He has broken his ankle, arm, and a few ribs. He also has a concussion but other than that he should be fine. Love you and hope your tour is going great. I have already let Maddie know. Love - Mom' That's all she said. Nate this is great, he doesn't have the brain damage they thought he had before he woke gained consciousness." Drew said.

"I know, but I still feel horrible. I wish I was back home with everyone right now." I said.

"Nate it's not your fault," Drew said putting an arm around me. "Stuff like this happens all the time."

"I know, I just.... I don't know" I said.

"No, Nate it is not your fault at all. It doesn't matter that we were in the car with him." Drew said.

"No, it is. It was my idea to get for fucking pizza at 11 in the fucking middle of the night. I should be me in that hospital with broken bones. It should be" I started crying, "me, Drew."

"Nate it's not your fault a drunk driver swerved and hit us," Drew said grabbing my arm.

"It may not be, but damn it feels like it," I said.

-Flashback- 

"Nate, you sure you want pizza? You don't want like chicken nuggets or something? I could go for a Big Mac right now." Christian stated.

"Yeah, I want one of those barbeque pizzas. What do you want Drew?" I asked him.

"You know I want some of that new pizza to Nate," Drew replied.

"Okay, we'll go get the damn pizza."

"Chris! Watch out!!" I yelled. The driver came into our lane and hit our car head on. Our car slid into the ditch and flipped two and a half times. I reached for my phone which was resting on the roof of the car. I called 911 and waited. I started counting until the ambulance came. 510 seconds later they were here that's 8 and half minutes.

"Nate are you okay!" Maddie said running up to me. "Hey, where's Chris?" I looked her in the eyes I couldn't talk, I started crying and point to him being put into the ambulance. She hugged me. "Nate it's okay."

"I'm sorry," was all I could say.

"Hey it's okay I'm gonna go talk to Drew, okay?" she asked.

"Okay," I replied.

-Flashback end- 

"Hey you guys Kinnie is gone," Maddie said walking out onto the balcony.

"What were did she go??" I said frantically.

"She sent me a text saying she's fine and she just went for a walk but that was an hour ago." Maddie said, "Call her, I thought you should."

"Okay, I will," I said looking for her number on my phone.

Kinnie's POV 

My phone was ringing I was too tired to answer. I went up to the roof of the hotel and Brad was up here. We had a really nice conversation and now I'm resting my head on his shoulder. I texted Maddie and told her I'm going for a walk. I did but I decided to go up to the roof to hang out for a few minutes.

"We should go back down McKenzie, it's like 3 am right now," Brad said rubbing my shoulder and slowly helping me stand.

"Okay," I said, "oh and Brad?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for talking with me, I really appreciate it," I said almost apologetically, I felt bad talking to him about everything that's going on in my life right now. Although he did seem to mind.

"No problem, I'll always be here for you McKenzie. Through thick and thin." He replied giving me a hug. I hugged him back and then we walked back to our rooms. "See you tomorrow Kinnie." I smiled and walked into my room.

Maddie ran into the room along with everyone.

"Where have you been McKenzie?" Levi said emphatically.

"I went for a walk and then went up to the roof," I said back.

"I'm sorry, that was harsh." Levi said giving me a hug, "I just want to make sure you are safe is all. So far I haven't done a very good job."

I kissed my brother's cheek and said, "I'm still alive so you're not doing that bad." He laughed hugging me tighter.

"Thank you guys for caring. Let's get some sleep. See you all in the morning!" I said to everyone while getting in my bed. 

---------------------

A/N

I'm so sorry this took so long. There's a lot going on in my life right now. I don't know when I'll be able to update next I hope soon. 

Please vote and comment suggestions and stuff. Thank you for like over 1k reads that's incredible!!!