8. Richie

Stanley yelled at us where he was going, and got in the car with Paige. I had learned lots the last couple years, and I got pretty good at reading things. Or foreseeing things before they happened. And I could just tell that those two were going to end up together. She would be the newest member of the loser's club. I looked at the rest of my group. I was so lucky. Sure, the killer clown was a huge damper on our summer and pretty much the rest of our lives. But I had one great friend group, and they were the most understanding people I had ever met. In the middle of my train of thought, Bill spoke up. "Maybe we should go get ready for our movie night? We need to go get food. And we should set up the furniture up better this time and put pillows and blankets on the floor. Maybe we should have a Star Wars marathon or something." He got all excited about it. "Yes, that sounds so fun!" I said. Each of us kind of had a roll in this group. Mine was to cheer people up and make everyone feel better. It was easy with Stanley, he was my longest friend, and when we were all fighting pack when Pennywise turned us against each other, Stanley and I stayed friends. Not until Bev went missing did we all reconnect. We balanced each other out. I got on my bike, as did everyone else. We biked down to Bill's house, which was four houses down from Paige's house. We got there within a matter of seconds, and threw our bikes down on Bill's lawn as we always did. Eddie reached the front door first, and pushed it open. We all kind of walked into each others houses now. We just all had second homes now. We all followed suit and walked inside, walking down to the basement. "Hi Mom, Hi Dad." Bill yelled up the stairs. They mumbled a hi down at us. The basement used to be a creepy place. A storage place. When we all got into High School, Bill asked his parents if we could redo the basement into a hangout spot. We spent all of our fall break week fixing it up. We threw so much stuff away, brought furniture from all of our houses that we didn't use. We even put together all of our money and bought a pretty good sized tv. Ben's family had an old VCR player, and then suddenly we had a "man cave" that wasn't really a man cave because Beverly was there just as much as us. "Eddie, Richie? Do you want to go to the store and get the food?" I nodded my head. "Sure." Eddie said. We trotted back up the stairs. I opened the door and Eddie followed suit and shut it. We walked over to our bikes and hopped on. With all the time we spent together, we didn't get much one on one time, especially with Eddie. We rode down the street, not really talking. I decided to break the ice, and I pulled my bike up close to him, almost hitting him, and he swerved. "Watch it!" I smirked at him. "So, how've you been lately punk?" I asked him. He smiled, his cute timid smile. "I'm very good. How have you been?" My smile faded a little. "I've been alright." We rode a little longer, not really talking the rest of the way. We reached the corner store, and parked our bikes. "You grab the drinks, I'll grab the snacks?" I asked Eddie. "Sounds good." We walked in and I went down the candy aisle first. I grabbed everyone's favorite. I didn't know Paige's, and for some reason that bugged me. I grabbed a Reese's, hoping she'd like it. I went down the chip aisle and grabbed popcorn, potato chips, and some pretzels. I walked over to Eddie, who was struggling to balance all the sodas in his arms. I held out my basket and he stumbled the drinks into it. "Thanks. Do you know what Paige likes? I'm assuming she's coming with Stan?" I smiled "I'm not sure, but everybody likes Root Beer, get her one of those." He reached in the fridge and pulled out a root beer. "What are you smiling about? Do you like her?" He asked, his eyes not meeting mine. "What? No! I mean she's very attractive. But not really my type." His face lightened a little. "So what is your type?" Was this my moment? Was I ready for this? "Ya know. Brown hair, big brown eyes. Short but not too short. Hot in a cute way." I looked at him, he was blushing more than I had ever seen him blush, and I noticed my cheeks were hot as well. What I did next, was something no one ever expected, especially not me. We made eye contact, and before I knew it, I moved towards him and smashed my lips against his. We sat there for a minute, just kissing. When we seperated, I felt something I had nothing felt before. I could do that forever, and it wouldn't be enough. We both smiled at the ground. "Sorry..." I stated. He looked at me. "No, that was fine. Actually feel free to do that anytime." He smirked, and winked at me.