13. Bill

As Stanley and Paige left yet again the rest of us started to set up for bed. We out more blankets on the floor so we would be more comfortable. Mike usually slept on the couch, years of working on a farm had taken a toll on his body and if he slept on the ground he would wake up in a lot of pain, and he couldn't really get up. It happened once. We were all terrified, and eventually he was able to get up after stretching for quite a while. From then on he was required to sleep on the couch. Eddie had gotten better about his whole hypocondriac thing but he still had a small fear of germs and didn't like the floor so he slept on the recliner. The rest of us always set up camp on the ground. My thoughts were interrupted when Richie said he was going to get a drink of water. I thought nothing of it, even when Eddie followed suit. I continued to make a space for Bev and I, because we always cuddled as we fell asleep. I made up our space and headed upstairs to get a glass of water and shut off the lights as my parents always asked me too. As I climbed the stairs I heard shuffling and the cabinet open quickly. Richie was pulling a cup of out of the cabinet and he seemed winded, as did Eddie who couldn't really keep style. I turned the corner and smirked but they couldn't see me, their actions from before I came up the stairs clear to me even if they thought it wasn't. I had a feeling Richie was gay but I didn't know for sure, obviously I couldn't unless he flat out told me. I stepped up the stairs and changed into sweatpants and a short sleeve black star wars t-shirt from a year ago. I flipped off all the remaining upstairs lights and walked back down the stairs again. Richie and Eddie were no longer in the kitchen so I flipped off that light too and trotted down to the basement where the rest of the boys were changing into their pajamas as well. Beverly was in the bathroom changing as well. She walked out of the bathroom in her shorts and a rolling stones t-shirt. Eddie, Mike, Richie and Ben were all shirtless. We were all pretty good looking dudes After Pennywise attacked us Ben started working out more and more, almost obsessively and lost all of this extra weight. As High School started, the rest of us started playing sports. Mike was in football and lacrosse. Edde did cross country and track and field. Richie wasn't into sports too much, but he was our biggest fan at all of our games and meets. Stanley and I played baseball and we hit the gym about twice a week now a days, sometimes three. Bev played volleyball and also ran track with Eds. As Bev exited the bathroom she whistled loudly, cat-calling the four shirtless boys. She smiled big as well all let a chuckle as well. She came over to me and embraced me in a sweet hug. She buried her face in my shoulder, something she did when she was tired. The boys finished getting dressed and we all got situated for bed, Mike taking his place on the couch and Eddie on one of the recliners and the rest of us on the floor. Bev rested her head on my chest, and looked up at me. I gave her a long peck on her mouth. I whispered to her "I love you very much, my love." I smiled as her face blushed and a hugs smile crept across her face. "I love you very much too Bill." She nestled her head into my chest and slowly fell asleep. The rest of us losers muttered a goodnight to each other and we all drifted off to sleep.