12. Eddie

As Stanley and Paige left, with Stanley expected to return shortly, we prepared the basement for our weekly sleepover. We started to place blankets and pillows across the floors and Bill and Richie moved the couches to the walls so we had more space. Beverly had started to pick up the wrappers and soda bottles that Richie and Mike threw around as the movie got further in and they got restless. I sprawled a blanket out with Ben's help. My eyes didn't leave Richie the whole time though. Someone approached me from the side, but I was too busy checking out Richie too notice. "Close your mouth, or you'll catch flies" Beverly said as she tapped my chin lightly, following my gaze. I blushed and looked away quickly. "Don't be embarrassed Eds, it's kinda cute" She winked as I blushed more, walking away. In the meantime Richie had turned to look at me. I turned back around and he was staring at me. I winked at him and a small smile had spread across his face. Looking down at the pillows he held. He threw them down. "I'm gonna get some water." Richie said, making eye contact with me, and nodding for me to follow. Bill's parents had since gone to bed. It wasn't that I didn't like Bill's parents, but they made me nervous for some reason. Richie wasn't in my sight when I reached the top of the stairs. "Richie? Where are yo--" I was cut off as something, or I guess someone put their lips against mine. I melted into the kiss. Richie did as well, and slowly walked me to the back wall. His tongue swiped against my bottom lip and before I knew it we were full on making out, his hands on my chest, resting there lightly. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him impossibly closer. We sat there for a minute, the world frozen in place. Shortly after, my lungs screamed out in pain, and I pulled away panting, resting my forehead on his chin. Catching my breath and cursing my athsma, I spoke softly. "Sorry." He smiled against my forehead. "Don't be, it was nice." We stayed like that, frozen in our own happiness for quite a while until we were remembered. We heard footsteps barreling up the stairs. We quickly shuffled around getting about as far away as possible from each other. "What's taking you two so long?" Bill said as he rounded the corner. I now had a cup of water in my hand and Richie was pulling a cup out of the cabinet. Bill didn't really give us an answer, or he didn't care about the answer, as he rounded the corner again and went up to the top story of his house, probably to go change. I didn't realize I had been holding my breath, but as I breathed out, it came out heavy. Richie let out a chuckle. "What?" I asked, looking back at him. "Nothing?" He laughed out. He started to walk out of the room and back down the stairs, but he turned back around and winked at me, causing me to blush once again, and he turned down the stairs. I leaned up against the fridge and sighed, my head hitting the fridge. When I regained myself I pushed myself off the fridge and went backstairs.