15. Richie

As we all settled down for the night, Stanley still missing from the group, I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. I turned around, I saw Eddie sitting in his recliner chair he always slept on. He quickly turned away and blushed a bright pink and I smirked before turning back around and laying down, getting comfortable for the night. Ben went and turned on some slow music I didn't recognize, mostly because I only listened to rock music. The rest of the Losers climbed into their makeshift beds and got comfy as well. Ben hummed the song for a few minutes before he finally drifted off into his deep sleep. Beverly and Bill always fell asleep quickly when in each others arms, and Mike was always tired from being up since 5 a.m. so he was fast asleep within the first ten minutes as well. Eddie still continued to have nightmares about IT every so often, and he didn't like to fall asleep because of it. I laid down for 30 minutes, trying to force myself to sleep, but I just couldn't. As I continued to lay there, I heard someone's breathing continue to get heavier and heavier. I sat up, trying to find the source. I turned around and I saw Eddie's chest rising and falling faster than a sleeping person's should. I watched him carefully for a minute or two, until he started muttering stuff in his sleep. I couldn't quite make it out but it sounded like he was repeating "No" a bunch of times with a couple of other words mixed in. Suddenly, the let out a strangled scream and started to turn in his seat. I stood up immediately, making my way towards him as silently as I could so I wouldn't wake the others. When I was close enough to him, I could see tears streaming down his face through his closed eyes. I lightly put my hand on his forearm, attempting to not startle him, and shook him, hoping he would wake up. Suddenly, he shot up, a loud gasp emerging from his mouth trying to gain as much air as possible. He was visibly shaking now, even in the dark. "Hey, Hey, it's okay, I'm here, I'm here. It's okay." I whispered to him, as softly as I could. After he made eye contact with me and took in his surroundings, his breathing slowed and he started to calm down. I started to stand up straight, since I was hunched over to comfort him. He grabbed my arm suddenly, and pulled me closer to him, his breathing increasing again. "Hey, hey!" I whispered. "I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere, okay?" He nodded in response and tugged on my arm pulling me a little closer to him. "Do you want me to hold you, Eds?" I asked him, which resulted in another nod. He scooted over and I climbed into the recliner next to him, pulling him against me as I did. He laid his head on my chest and his breathing started to normalize. "You okay bub? You wanna talk about it." He looked up at me, but then away quickly. "IT got me Rich, it made me float for real this time." He admitted, shivering.  "Eddie? Listen to me when I say this. Nothing will ever hurt you ever again. I'll protect you love." I explained to him, wrapping my arms around his body to pull him in closer. I planted a kiss on his forehead and he looked up at me. He brought his lips to mine, this time the kiss wasn't filled with lust or sexual passion. It was filled with love, so so so much love. We stayed like that for a while, and he finally pulled away, returning his head to my chest. "Goodnight Richie." He whispered. "Goodnight Eds." I returned and planted a kiss on his forehead. We both fell asleep in each others arms, not caring who would see us the following morning.
-
A/N: which character(s) would you like to see the point of views would you like to read more of?