10. Paige

As Stanley and I drove to the moving company, he was silent at first. 'So, what's your story?" I asked him. He ran his hands along his legs nervously. "Don't have much of one." He said. I knew he was lying obviously. "That's bullshit." He looked at me confused. "I can tell that you and all your friends have been through something crazy and traumatic. So spill it." He seemed more nervous. "It's long and complicated and I don't know. Crazy." He didn't want to talk about it. I turned up the radio and Radiohead was playing. The moving company wasn't too far, so with that we were there. Stanley stayed in the car and I went in and got it taken care of. I walked back out to the car and he had something in his hand. I got back in the car. "Why does your license say you're a legal adult?" He asked majorly confused. I sighed. "I'm emancipated." I said, plain and simple. He looked at me, none of the confusion had been wiped from his face. "Look, it's a long story, and it's not that I don't trust you, you seem like a very trustworthy guy. But I'm not ready to tell anyone that story quite yet. But I guess I should tell you. I don't have parents, not anymore. I live alone. I'm sorry I lied to you." I pushed the car into reverse and started to drive. About two minutes in, he finally spoke up. "I'm sorry Paige." I sighed again. "It's not your fault Stanley." As I finished, we pulled up to Bill's house. "If you want, I don't have to come in. You guys can have your night." He turned to look at me "Look, we call ourselves the Losers Club, because we are. We have a boatload of weird problems. We are the misfits that no one else cares enough to be around. We're the bullied. We need each other more than anything, and we care about each other more than anyone else could. And I don't mean to be pushy or rude, but from what you just said, it seems like you have your fair share of problems. And we literally saw you pull up into this town which means you don't have any friends. So were your friends now. And if after a while you don't want to stay our friend, you don't have too. And if you don't want to talk, at least not right now, you don't have too. But me and everyone else in there wants you to be our friend, even if they don't know it yet." I smiled, timidly. "Alright. Fine. Thank you Stanley." I turned off my car and started to get out. "Wait a second." I pulled my seatbelt off, but I stayed put, confused. He got out and ran around the side the car, and he opened my door, all gentleman like. I blushed a little, "Thanks, I appreciate it." I got out and he shut the door behind me. With that, we walked back inside.