Chapter 8.

The next morning when I woke up, Howl was already out. Me and Markl did breakfast together after which I advised Markl to go to his room and put away the things he didn't want me to see. At this Markl got really alarmed and said "you can start with Howl's room, (Y/N)" and ran upstairs.

Smiling to myself, I dragged myself to Howl's room to wash it. I felt nervous to do so. Just as I reached the door, I was surprised to find the door blocked by none other than Howl.

"What the hell!" I cried "you were out!"

"So I was" he said resting his head on his hand. He leaned diagonal on the door preventing me to see through.

"How did you travel so fast?" I demanded.

"FYI, I am a magician" he said "and I can't let you wash my room."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Nosy aren't you" he said "interfering into others business and bumping into others."

"What do you mean by bumping?" I asked softly.

"Duh!" he said "I was the man you bumped into the other day while hurrying to heaven knows where. Where exactly were you going?"

At this, I was reminded about my family.

Suddenly my cheerfulness washed away and I became sullen again.

Howl noticed some thing was wrong and said "come on. Let's cheer up your mood."

I followed him to the third door at the far end of the corridor which he opened outwards. To my greatest surprise, there was the most beautiful scenery I had ever witnessed.

"Oh my" I whispered as I slowly walked forward and looked down at the lush green grass moving in the gentle breeze. Some deers were running with the castle and there was a sparkling lake.

"It's the Star Lake" Howl said "we'll stop there today. But for now, I am heading out. Stay away from my room and yeah, I've put all my clothes that need washing in the basket downstairs."

"You really are making sure I don't peek into your room, aren't you?" I said but Howl didn't answer. I looked back and realized he had gone. Markl came instead.

"I'm done with the cleaning" he said happily. Then suddenly he pointed at something. "What's that!" he said.

I turned to look around what he was pointing at. It was a stick which was stuck in one of the castle's parts.

"Come one Markl" I said "help me with it."

Me and Markl pulled up the heavy stick. It was difficult since the castle was moving so we had to put in all of our energy. Finally the stick bent and the body came flying up. It turned out to be Turnip Head.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the scarecrow who meekly jumped around.

"Let him be, (Y/N)" Markl said.
**

After washing Markl's room thoroughly, I went to the bathroom. It was a hard job and I had to move the potions around to clean the place. It took me about three hours before I went for the laundry.

There were many dirty clothes and we had a fun time washing clothes in water. Calcifer had stopped the castle at the Star Lake. Me and Markl threw water at each other while Turnip Head jumped around happily. I had made friends with both Markl and Calcifer. Howl, on the other hand, was hard to get to.

In the afternoon, Turnip Head stood on the hill top, a long rope attached to him, filled with clothes. Me and Markl were having some tea when Markl asked "who is that scarecrow anyway?"

"I dunno" I whispered staring at the sinking sun "but he brought me to this amazing place..."

Votes? Comments?