Chapter 15.

Grunting, I peeked through my eyes after gaining conscious a couple of hours later. My feet and hands were locked up in rather strange chains. I couldn't move neither did I have any idea of where I was. The only things I could see was darkness and silhouettes of objects. My ears couldn't hear a voice and I was scared.

"Hello!" I tried crying "let me out of here!"

It was no use. I tried standing up with my locked feet but fell down on my butt.

"Ouch!" I cried.

"Pity you" I heard a stern whisper. I looked up ahead in time for the lights turning on and a woman entering the room.

She was the strangest woman I had ever seen, dressed in even strange clothes. She was ugly and dressed hideously.

"Who are you?!" I demanded "where is Howl?! I know you have him."

"I only have what's mine, dear" she replied slyly walking over to me.

I realized she was the Witch of the Waste.

"You bastard witch" I cried pushing the chains, making loud clinking noises "you scared Howl to death and now you have caught me. What do you want?!"

"Like I said" she repeated, getting very close to me "I want Howl. My first love. And yes- I want you dead."

"W-what?" I choked hardly believing my ears.

"You are the reason Howl left me" the witch grinned.

"I don't understand," I whispered "Howl left you even before I met him."

"That's a lie" she said "it was that day... Howl and I were on a date."

Date? With you? Eww gross.

"We went to Market Chipping to a bakery shop" the witch said "there you were helping at the counter with some other girl. Howl saw you and at that moment I realized he was filled with love for you."

I tried recalling if it really happened. I remembered that day before Lettie moved into my house. Yes, we both were working at the bakery and that's when they would have seen me. It made me a bit uncomfortable to think that Howl had been in love with me ever since without telling me.

"Just let him go" I said through gritted teeth.

"After I am done with you, he's mine anyway" the witch smiled and raised her hand to slap me across the face.

It hit me hard and I felt a bruise on my cheek. Then she pulled out a knife.

"What the hell are you doing" I screamed as she pushed the knife against my hand. I protested as red blood flowed out of my hand. It was hurting and I screamed nonstop but she laughed like a maniac. Finally, she pulled out the knife, spoke some weird words before walking outside.

Immediately, thick yellow liquid erupted at my feet. An scream escaped my lips, feeling the burning hot liquid eating up my shoes.

"Let me go!" I screamed "let me go."

The liquid kept on accelerating and the only noise was of my screams. Suddenly the witch appeared out of nowhere.

"You are disturbing Howl" she said "please keep quiet."

She pushed a dirty gag in my mouth and vanished. I protested against the growing goo, feeling it burning the skin of my legs. My hand was in piercings pain, had been half burnt to my knees and my vision was blurry.

 Suddenly a tapping noise came. Out of the blue, a scarecrow appeared.

Turnip Head! The friendly scarecrow had found his way to me and punched his arm strongly against the chains bounding my hand. Surprisingly the chains got off.

I opened my gag in time to shout "Turnip Head your stick will burn."

But the scarecrow was already standing in the goo, making one last attempt as the chains at my legs disappeared.

I jumped out of liquid.

"Turnip Head get out" I ordered.

I turned back but it was too late. The only thing I saw was Turnip Head's head disappearing into the goo.

"TURNIP HEAD" I cried, tears running down my cheeks. I was devastated, still i pain, to see my friend gone forever. The one who brought me to Howl had now left me. Suddenly there was a loud scream.

"Howl!" I whispered spinning around to face the door. I looked one more time back at the goo. "Farewell, Turnip Head!"
**

Outside the room, I once again found myself in a corridor. My jeans had half burnt leaving me bare legged but I didn't care.

The air in the corridors was cold and my feet had frozen beneath me. Each step I took felt like a heavy weight as I made my way to a nearby door. Soft tears came running down my cheeks and I muttered "Howl!"

I missed and loved and wanted to be with him. To feel his embrace and see him one more time. My hands were trembling, red with blood, as I tried opening the door knob. The door swung open revealing a dimly lit room.

Without hesitation, I stepped inside, calling Howl's name out loud. Suddenly, I heard a weak groan. I spun my head just in time to see someone tied up in chains. His hands and feet were locked up with heavy chains and were bleeding. There were cuts all over his body and even though the face was hidden behind his hair, I knew who it was. Quite suddenly, a giggling voice came the witch turned up out of nowhere. She laughed and showed me a whip in her hand.

"Couldn't stay put could you?" she smiled raising to show me the whip. My eyes widened with fear.

"What?" she asked me "you love him, right?"

I screamed as she lifted the whip and hit the man in the chains.

"Please..." I whispered but the witch laughed and reached for the man's hair. She pulled them and lifted his head, whispering "his heart shall be mine..."

Votes? Comments?