Chapter 11.

Howl's POV

"Thank you, Doctor" I said for the hundredth time, shaking the weak hands of the Doctor.

"No problem, Mister Jenkins" he answered smiling warmly "like I said, all she needs is a good medicine, bed and rest."

"When will she wake up?" Markl asked.

"I have no idea" the doctor said picking up his first aid kit and going for the door "but I must say that the reason behind her fainting so abruptly is, I think, depression."

My eyes widened threatening to fall out of the eye socket as the doctor went out of the house. Depression? I fell back in the chair, holding my head in my hand.

"I am the reason behind her depression" I whispered to myself.

"Can I come out now?" Calcifer asked from the hearth. "Yes, sure" I said looking up at Calcifer "he's gone."

"Phew!" Calcifer's face reappeared in the hearth "it was a hard time pretending not to be the there."

"Sorry for the trouble, Cal" I said hiding my face back in my hands.

"Master Howl" Markl said "I am going upstairs to (Y/N), in case she wakes up."

I nodded gently and heard Markl footsteps fading away leaving me and Calcifer behind.

"Why are you doing this?" Calcifer asked "you are ruining her life."

"I know, Cal" I looked up sadly "but I-" I shook my head not knowing what to say next.

"Please, Howl" Calcifer said concerned "(Y/N) is a really sweet girl and ever since she came, the life in the castle has changed. She has done her best to keep us happy so please don't sadden her. Keep your distance and I suggest, you forget about her."

"Calcifer!" I cried "how could you say that!"

"Let's face it, Howl" Calcifer said "you don't know how to love anyone. You haven't loved someone your whole life. All you do is break girl's heart and that's exactly what you will do with (Y/N)."

I had to see the sense in this.

"You are right" I admitted, recalling the night before "I did broke her heart yesterday night. The pain she had in her eyes at that moment, it was as if I could feel it. But I can't help falling in love with her."

"Is that it?" Calcifer asked.

I sighed with defeat and said "fine! I'll keep my distance from now on and pretend like she was just a student and I was her teacher."

Y/N's POV

The air in the corridors was cold and my feet had frozen beneath me. Each step I took felt like a heavy weight as I made my way to a nearby door. Soft tears came running down my cheeks and I muttered someone's name. Someone I missed and loved and wanted to be with. My hands were trembling, red with blood, as I tried opening the door knob. The door swung open revealing a dimly lit room. Without hesitation, I stepped inside, calling the name out loud. Suddenly, I heard a weak groan. I spun my head just in time to see someone tied up in chains. His hands and feet were locked up with heavy chains and were bleeding. There were cuts all over his body and even though the face was hidden behind his hair, I knew who it was. Quite suddenly, a giggling voice came and a woman turned up out of nowhere. She was ugly and dressed hideously. She laughed and showed me a whip in her hand.

"What?" she asked me "you love him, right?"

I screamed as she lifted the whip and hit the man in the chains.

"Please..." I whispered but the woman laughed and reached for the man's hair. She pulled them and lifted his head, whispering "his heart shall be mine..."

"HOWL!" I screamed and sat bolt up in my bed.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" I heard someone say and looked at Markl, sitting beside my bed, terrified.

"What happened?" I whispered feeling dizzy as I studied where I was.

The room was beautiful with neat carpet and things hanging from the walls. The door swung open and Howl entered, surprised.

"(Y/N) I heard you scream" he said running up to my bed "are you okay?"

Upon seeing Howl, I remembered the dream and started crying.

"It's okay" Howl whispered putting his arms around me.

The dizziness came back to me and I knew I would soon go back to sleep. I managed to look at Howl, his face tightened with worry, and spoke softly, "please don't leave me."

With that, I fell back on the bed, in faint.

Howl's POV

"(Y/N)" I whispered aghast to see her faint again.

"She is still tired" Markl said "and I guess she woke up with a bad dream."

"Do you know what she was dreaming of?" I asked staring at (Y/N)'s beautiful face.

"Not really" Markl answered "but she was calling out your name."

I remained quiet for a moment then spoke, "she asked me not to leave her, Markl, you go downstairs, I am going to stay with her until she wakes up."

"Sure, Master Howl" Markl said running downstairs. I stared back at (Y/N).

"I am sorry, (Y/N)" I said "I don't think I would be able to fulfill your request for long."

Votes? Comments?