Chapter 12.

Howl's POV

"Calcifer I am really worried now" I said coming downstairs "it has been two days and (Y/N) won't wake up."

"Relax" Calcifer said "she would wake up any second now and you won't even know about it."

I signed and looked at the bed where (Y/N) used to sleep.

"Say" I said "she would need a decent bed once she is fine."

Quietly, I thought about how to get (Y/N) a new place to sleep.

"I know" I cried going for the door "there's a house for sale in Market Chipping. I am going to get that for (Y/N)!"

"That's strange of you, buddy" Calcifer said.

"I know" I said hurrying outside "Markl, you keep an eye on (Y/N)!"

"Understood" Markl said hurrying upstairs as I left the castle.

(Y/N)'s POV

Groaning, I woke up with a pain in my neck. My vision was blurry but I could make out the sun rays coming in from the window. Immediately the door opened and Markl came in.

"(Y/N)" he whispered stopping in his tracks to see me awake.

"Good morning, Markl" I said smiling.

"(Y/N)!" Markl cried jumping on me and hugging me tightly "thank God you are okay. We were so worried you didn't wake up for two days."

"Two what!" I cried astonished.

"You were too sick to wake up" Markl said crying slightly "Mater Howl spent the whole time up here watching over you."

"Where is he?" I asked softly. "He just went out" Markl said pulling away, smiling.

"Come on" I said jumping out of the bed "I am starving. Let's have a breakfast."

"Good" Markl said "it's been ages since we last ate a proper meal."

"(Y/N)!" Calcifer greeted me when I went downstairs "oh good you are awake! I won't die of boredom now."

I giggled and made the breakfast on Calcifer. All this time, I had almost forgotten about Howl until that afternoon. Me, Calcifer and Markl were busy talking to each other when the door opened and Howl stepped in.

 Upon seeing him, I jumped up.

"Howl!" I said.

Howl looked at me for a moment, his eyes widened. Then he walked forward and threw his arms around me hugging me tightly.

"Oh (Y/N)" Howl whispered "I was so scared. I thought you'd never wake up. Please don't faint like that again."

Howl broke free and before I could say another word, he turned to the others and said "we are moving!"

"Moving!" we all cried.

"Yes!" Howl said "let's get to work."

That afternoon, Markl and Howl paint a white pattern across the castle and I had to move from one place to another to allow them to carry on the pattern. I had nothing to do so I sat on the chair and stared at them. About half an hour later, it was done.

"Now" Howl said "all of you sit tight."

Suddenly there was a soft scraping noise on the door. We all jumped up and Howl, looking puzzled, opened the door.

"Turnip Head!" I cried staring at the scarecrow who was jumping outside the castle "can he come too, Howl?"

"Master Howl" Howl corrected smiling "and I am afraid he can't. He has a strong curse on him."

"Can you break it?" Markl asked.

"Sorry Markl" Howl said "but I can't."

Howl closed the door after apologizing to Turnip Head and went to the grate. He picked up Calcifer using a log.

"Please be soft with me" Calcifer said as Howl took him to the middle of the room and stood in a strange sign he had made on the floor. He spoke some words and his feet lifted. Suddenly the castle started changing itself. The walls changed color and a window appeared on the walls. Another room came out of nowhere and the whole castle seemed to be rebuilding itself.

Finally, Howl came down and put Calcifer back on the hearth.

"It's safe to get off" he announced.

Markl immediately got off crying "a new house! So cool Master Howl."

"There's a courtyard too, Markl" Howl said "and there's our own shop in it."

I however was attracted by the window. It seemed very familiar and as I made my way to it, I realized where I had seen it before.

"Master Howl!" I cried "this window. It was a part of my house in Market Chipping."

"Then you must be happy to have it" Howl said.

Upon the realization that my old hat shop was now the part of the castle, I was filled with a nostalgic feeling about the memories of the house.

A thick black smoke snapped me out of my memories as the old train rushed from outside the window.

"Planning to stay here all day, my dear?" Howl asked pinching my cheek.

"Hey!" I cried as Howl led me to a new room. It was a beautiful one with a bed and a table which was laden with gifts.

"What are those?" I asked pointing at the colourful packages.

"Oh just gifts from me to you" Howl said with a huge yawn.

"Are you tired?" I asked him.

"Nope" he replied obviously lying with another yawn "come on!"

Howl took my hand in his and walked outside the room.

Votes? Comments?