Chapter 17 (The End!)

The soft clinking of spoon on the pan was the only noise heard the next morning. Howl and Markl were busy having a snoring competition and I had managed to creep out and make some breakfast. It was early morning and the birds chirped outside. I was very happy everything was okay. The witch was dead and I had Howl to myself. I loved him very much. Suddenly an excited footsteps came.

"Good morning, love" someone said,
pulling me away from the pan and placed his lips on mine.

"Morning, Howl" I said smiling "did I wake you up?"

"Ah no" he said "I just felt the... absence."

"Of what?" I asked.

"Of love" he said and I giggled.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Who could it be?" I asked. Howl placed his hand on my shoulder and we both walked to the door.

"Turnip Head!" I cried watching the scarecrow jumping outside the castle.

"I though it would be you" Howl said as I hugged Turnip Head.

"Thank you! Thank you for everything" I said kissing his lips.

Out of the blue, the scarecrow started twisting and turning. I backed away as a handsome blonde man appeared.

"(Y/N)" he said pulling off his hat and bowing "thank you."

"Who are you?" I asked, very surprised.

"The prince from the next country" he replied, smiling warmly "I had been put under this curse for a long time and only a true lover's kiss could break it."

"True lover's kiss!" Howl mimcked, jealous, as I punched him in the stomach.

"Ow" he whispered.

"Well, Trunip Head," I smiled "I think you have important matters to look to."

"The name's James" he said "and yes... It's about time I return and put this hell of a war to an end."
**

"Thank you for everything" James cried waving at us as he jumped on a stick.

"Do come and visit!" I cried.

"Yeah... In after life" Howl added as James disappeared.

"What are you so jealous for?" I demanded.

"Well..." Howl said "when the girl you love becomes someone else's true love, what would be the result."

"Howl!" I smiled "it doesn't matter if I kiss ten men, I will always love you. Always."

"Ten men! You are so weird" Howl took my hand in his and led me inside the castle.

He turned the dial and opened the garden.

"I was looking forward to the time I would come here with the one I truly love" he said as we walked inside the paradise land.

Howl did a few silly tricks with me like swirling me around in a dance and having a couple dance.

He grabbed my waist, pulling me closer, his lips on my neck. I was blushing hard, not used to this at all.

"Stop it!" I complained, laughing as Howl broke apart.

"I will not" he whispered slowly. I grinned and we both started walking again.

"Hey what about your training?" Howl asked a minute later "you seem like a witch you know..."

"It doesn't matter you know" I slowly pushed my arms around his neck "as long as I have you by my side."

"Ah (Y/N)" Howl suddenly pushed me on the grass, hugging me "you can be so...irresistible at time."

We stayed like that for sometime. I didn't want to break apart but Howl could not lie on top of me forever. We both sat and stared at each other lovingly.

"I never thought" I whispered staring at the sky "that this all would ever happen."

"What do you mean?" Howl asked.

"I was just a normal girl" I said "but life has changed. Completely. Now I have someone to love and look after... And it's you all."

"Ah (Y/N)" Howl said taking my face in his hands and pressing his head against me "you have changed me. And now, you are in charge of me."

I laughed as Howl lay on his back and closed his eyes.

"You just woke up!" I cried but he fell asleep. I smiled and plucked out a flower. I placed it in his hair.

"Sleepy head" I whispered kissing him on his head.

"Calcifer's back!" I suddenly heard a shout. I stared up to see Markl waving at me through the door, Calcifer flying in mid air with him. Immediately, I ran towards the castle waving my arms in the air.

I was so happy. My life was perfect. I had someone to love and a family to look after.

Oh Howl you changed me... I will never leave you...

The End

Votes? Comments?