I Bow To No One, Alpha 6 (Edited)

Chapter six

I paced around my room as I looked at the silver light casted through the window from the moon. I stood still and listened to the swallow breathing of my parents. I huffed angrily and took a black cardigan from my closet, pulling it on over my short pj's.

I opened the door and walked out into the hall, careful of not letting the wooden floor creak under my feet. I walked towards Nick's room and stood in the door way watching as the moon's light hit his face. I sighed and turned around softly descending the stairs and out of the front door.

I know it was dangerous to go out in the middle of the night. But I promised myself that I will never be weak again like I was four years ago. I punched a tree near me and was startled by the sudden hooting of an howl next to me.

I walked silently as I took in the different smells and sounds around me. The cold snow under my feet crunching softly. The shadows the trees casted when the moonlight hit them. The slight reflection of the stars of the white snow. The occasional hooting of the predatory owl.

I was ripped from my thoughts by the soft crunch of snow behind me. I faced in front while all my focus was behind me. Suddenly a plan formed. I walked faster as softly as I could. When I saw a big willow Tree next to the frozen lake, I swiftly jumped up and settled into a crouching position in the nook of two branches. My eyes and ears alert on the area below me.

Suddenly the form of a huge black wolf entered the area below me. The alpha asshole. I felt my anger boil as I leapt down onto his huge figure locking my arms around his neck as I pulled him down. As soon as we hit the ground I jumped away and took a defensive stance, "You asshole! Why are you following me?" he growled and quickly changed.

I forced my eyes not to roam lower than his perfectly build chest with a small patch of black hair and his chiseled abs. My vibrant green eyes locked with his blazing golden eyes. "I will not just let my mate walk alone in the dark after she freaked the Fuck out today about God knows what!" He yelled.

I waved my hand at him dismissively, "Gee, no need to yell."

I turned around and walked towards the surface of the frozen lake. I felt Alex's warm breath on back, "Why are you out here?"

"I couldn't sleep" I wanted to say more but the words was stuck in the back of my throat like a bush of rose thorns. Suddenly I felt two warm arms embrace me from behind, pulling me into a warm chest. My first reaction was to fight, but soon my body leaned into him and I laid my head back, resting on this chest, as I look at the moon.

Minutes of silence passed between us. I shook my head and stepped back, "I have to go" I could see the hurt in Alex's eyes. Casting my eyes towards the ground as I walked away, "Don't go". His words pulled me to a stop. I didn't turn around. I took a deep breath as I felt my heart rip into pieces. I have to be strong. I took one small stepped ahead of the other as I left Alex behind.

As soon as I entered the house, I pulled off the cold cardigan and walked up the stairs. I entered Nick's room and pulled his blankets back. I heard his soft moan and I laid down beside him. I felt his arms go around me and pull me into his chest, I closed my eyes as I whispered, "I'm scared."