I Bow To No One, Alpha 6 (Edited)

Chapter six

I sat at the kitchen counter with my head propped up on my arms. I look at the bowl of cereal in front of me. How unsatisfying. My mom was busy in the kitchen but I barely heard the choas that was her cooking. The banging of pots and pans. The clicking of the knifes and the crunch of the veggies she was chopping.

Hay Sis, are you okay? I looked up at my brother across the counter. I gave him a faint smile, Yeah.

He tilted his head to the side as a small smile appeared on his face. O lord. I have an idea. Pack your bags girl. We are going to have an awesome day. 

I swear in another life my brother was gay. You are so gay. 

My brother smirked, Don't go hating what you can't have.

After a few minutes, we sat in the car. I looked out of the window as we pulled away when I saw the faint outline of a grayish wolf behind the trees. I turned my head away and put on some music. I laid my head back and closed my eyes. I must be going insane.

"Rianni, get your lazy ass up, we are here!" my brother shook me. 

I only growled at him and turned on my side, "Go away", I wave my hand behind me dismissively. The car door on my side opened up and Nick picked me up in his arms. I snuggled into his warm chest and I heard his chuckle.

Suddenly I was chucked into the cold water. I felt the grip of sleep leave me as I took a deep breath from shock. Water flooded into my mouth and filled my lungs. I shot up from under the water. My hands laying limply by my side as my hair fell into my eyes. I gave my laughing brother the death glare.

"I will fucking destroy you, Nick!" 

I charged at him and pounched ontop of him. He fell into the sand and started tickling me. Soon we were both laughing in the soft sand underneath the sun. I probed myself up on my elbow and looked around me.

"You brought me to the beach?" my brother smiled. 

"I remember when you were little you loved the beach. Nothing made you happier. Except the forest." I smiled and hugged him, "Thank you".

After a hour of basking in the sun, Nick turned towards me, "I'm sorry Rianni." I looked at him confused. Seeing my expression Nick continued, "That I wasn't there when it happened four years ago." 

The blood in my veins froze over. I bit my lip and locked my eyes in the sand, not able to meet his gaze.

"Rianni, I should have been there. Mom and Dad should have been there. It should have never happened." 

I looked up and saw the hurt in his eyes, "It's not your fault, Nick". I stood up and walked to the edge of the sand. The green of the forest stretched out in front of me.

"I should have come sooner". I turned towards Nick and hugged him. 

It wasn't his fault, "Nick, you're the one who saved me." I pulled Nick's head down and kissed his forehead, "Let's go home, the beach isn't fun anymore."

Nick pulled me towards the car and helped me get in. As we took off I let my eyes roam over the yellow sand and the brilliant blue of the ocean. Lastly my eyes roamed over the lush green forest and the small figure of a grey wolf. I sucked in my breath  and quickly turned away. My heart pounding in my throat.

Please comment and vote.

Please go read my other book : Howling For Love. It's my first book so be kind ^^

Thank you for the support

Lelani