I Bow To No One, Alpha 7 (Edited)

Chapter seven

When we arrived home, the atmosphere was so thick you could have cut it with a piece of thread. I walked into the living room and was greeted by my mother.

"Rianni, get dressed, we are going out for dinner." 

I looked at her, "Why?" She threw the turquoise silk cushion back onto the caramel velvet couch and put her hands on her hips. Her golden eyes shinning, "Alpha Lennox invited us to dinner in town."

I sighed audibly,"Why, oh why do thy torture thee?!". 

My mother walked pass me and into the kitchen, "You need a better attitude." I stomped into the kitchen, "There is nothing wrong with my attitude". She continued to wash the dishes, "I put a dress on your bed."

I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before running up the stairs, "I'm not wearing a dress crazy lady!" I entered my room and slammed the door shut. Going over to my Ipod dock, I put on some music before I walked into the adjoining bathroom. Quickly stripping down and climbing into the shower.

I got dressed in black leather skinnies and a gray lace tank. Putting on my black Doc Martin boots and quickly dried my hair. After my hair curled naturally, I put some black eyeshadow on and was ready to go. The red lace dress laying on my bed, forgotten and dismissed. Well at least it's lace.

I walked downstairs to find my brother in black jeans and a dark blue button up shirt, his golden hair shining under the lights of the living room. His brown amber eyes shining with mischief. I playfully punched his shoulder, "You clean up nice big Brother".

Nick shrugged, "Sorry I can't say the same for you." I laughed as my dad entered the room looking formal in a dark suit and white shirt. His black eyes bore into me before he took a seat, "Please don't tell me we are waiting for your mother". Just as the words left his mouth, Mom descended the stairs in a long dark evening dress, her hair curled and pinned to her head. A pearl necklace gave her a classic look along with her smoldering red lips.

Mom looked at Dad and Nick, nodding approvingly at their attires. When her gaze landed on me, the small smile vanished quickly. I rolled my eyes. Great, here we go. "And just what are you wearing,young lady?" I tucked at my grey tank, "What's wrong with this?"

I saw her eye twitch. That was the wrong answer. "I thought I said this was a formal dinner, didn't you see the dress?" I bit my lip, staying quite for once, "Why do you always have to be so difficult? Why can't you be like other girls your age? Your seventeen, why don't you act like it? All I asked for was a daughter, not a child that refuses to be a girl and aways question my judgement!"

I looked up to her and took a step closer, "I haven't been a girl since I was fucking 14". I turned around before she could say anything and jumped into the car and popped in my earphones. A few minutes later, Nick climbed into the backseat and squeezed my hand. I smiled at him before turning away. Mom and Dad climbed in and the atmosphere was thick.

We came to a stop in front of a fancy restaurant. The one where you pay 200 bucks for a plate of food. The building was cream with Le Drome in fancy glowing letters outside. I got out of the car and walked up towards the building. It was quite beautiful. The yellow shine casted by the lights and the cream walls made the building seem golden.

I walked in and saw a woman behind a stand. She must have asked me something because her lips moved. I looked past her and saw Alex standing up from a big table. I ignored the lady and walked towards his table. I pulled out the earphones and snorted amused when Alex pulled out a chair for me. I sat down, "Well doesn't the big Alpha look all dashing".

My parents and Nick came in and took a seat. "Well you look beautiful." I ignored him and gave my mother the death stare. A silence settled over the table. Alex cleared his throat and we all looked at him. "So to what do we own this pleasure, Alex?" my parents gave me a look but Nick only smiled.

He smiled "Well I just thought that this is the perfect opportunity for me to meet my future in laws." The shock etched on everyone's face was evident while I could only look at Alex in disbelief.

After we got home after a long and rather awkward dinner, I went to my room, locking my door behind me. I did not need the speech that I was most probably going to receive soon. I put on some music and climbed into bed, emotionally exhausted.

Wake up Rianni!!  

My wolf howled in my head and a clenching feeling settled in my stomach. I opened my eyes and sleepily looked around the room, my blood running cold when I notice the flash of silver leaving out of an open window.

Le Drome is not a real place. Please comment and give me your thoughts on the story so far