Chapter 17

This chapter is dedicated to chjasy

Everything was dark and heavy. My arms were to tired to be lifted and I felt so tired. Tired to my very soul. The air around me was thick with darkness, loneliness and sorrow. I have never felt so alone in my life. I can not begin to think my way out of this big mess. It was like I was trapped in this dark round room, so dark that I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face. What have I done?

A heavy feeling was pressing down on my chest and I couldn't breathe. A iron fist clenched around my heart, squeezing the life and soul out of me. I had no one. All alone again. Without my wolf. I was covered in darkness and sorrow and loneliness. This is not how it was suppose to be. I felt the cold begin to creep up on me, ready to devour my body and take my soul away. Death. 

The cold crept up my feet, my toes numbed by terror. What have I done? Slowly, almost teasingly the cold crept closer, consuming more of me. My hands and face frozen. I could do nothing to stop the cold reaching my heart, a promise of Death lingering all around me.

"Rianni, my love, please come back to me. You can't die. Please, I only just found you, don't leave me alone" Alex's voice cracked. Why does he sound like he is crying? Why can I not fight this damn cold? The cold crept closer and closer still, my body refusing to move. I felt so trapped and alone.

Just as the cold touched my heart I felt something warm touch my hand. It compelled me not to give up the fight, not to give in. "Don't bow down to Death, Rianni", it seemed like a whisper but it grew louder eventually, so loud that the voice started to scream the words at me. Suddenly I felt myself being pulled out of the darkness, the loneliness and sorrow disappearing.

I gasped for breathe as I suddenly sat up. I was in a hospital bed, the stench and annoying beep told me that. My eyes burned at the sudden light I exposed them too, I turned my head and came face-to-face with the tear filled face of Alex. For a moment he seemed shocked, then suddenly I was envoloped in his arms. I left out a silent sigh and clung onto Alex's body. I missed him so much.

After a while he pulled away and suddenly his lips assulted mine. Oh how I missed these. I kissed him back, letting him feel all my emotions, love, loneliness, despair, hurt, sadness, happiness, relieve and the feeling of being overwhelmed.

"You woke up after three days" he said after we broke apart.

"What happened?" I asked as I sat back getting comfortable.

"Well, after you were taken, your brother and I searched everywhere for you, but he used a scent masking perfume, we followed your scent into the forest but then it just disappeared. We got so frustrated after two days. I went to Kane's pack, but he wasn't even there, apparently he had gone rogue just a few months before and no one saw him since."

I looked at Alex in silence as I took in all this information. I saw the different emotions flash across his face as he talked, anger, rage, sadness, confusion, determination and love.

"I was losing my mind, thinking about him defiling you again, the torture and maybe even killing you. After a few days, your brother remembered where he found you the last time. So we decided to go there, look around and maybe we could get some clues on where he held you now."

I saw Alex clench his fist so hard they turned white while he spoke, a small muscle jumping in his neck, a sign of rage. I took his hands in mine.

"I'm alright now Alex", I whispered softly. Alex seemed to be in a daze because he just continued to stare at the white covers.

"When we got there, we spilt up. Your brother found the bunker first. When we entered, your scent overwelmed me, but also the scent of that fucker. I followed the scent to the torture room, hoping to find you. My heart broke into a million pieces when I saw that room. The silver knifes and blades, the liquid silver on the floor, the chains and the blood."

A sob tore out of him and I pulled him up slowly towards me. Tears were falling from his eyes, he looked so broken. Softly I kissed his tears, making my way to his mouth. Sparks ran up my back and arms when my lips finally touched his. Our tongues dancing together slowly, lovingly. I broke free and pulled him into my arms.

"I'm safe now Alex", I whispered into his ear. He only held me tighter.

"Then we found a torn up wolf. I thought it was you. There was so much blood and it was hard too see who it was. But I caught sight of a patch of brown fur and I knew it wasn't you. Relieve wash over me like a ocean. We searched the entire place, but we found you nowhere. So we split up again to look for you. That's when I found you." Another sob broke out of him.

"You laid there so still. I could barely hear your heart. I thought you were dead. When I got closer I could see the terrible burns that covered your entire body. I could see the huge wounds that covered your pale and frail looking body and it broke my heart. My beautiful angel was ruined and I couldn't save her."

The tears streamed freely from his eyes. My own eyes began to get wuzzy. Have I gone blind?

"I love you Rianni. I love you so much. I don't know what I would have done if you didn't make it".

His words were like a bucket of cold water dropped on me. Never has he said those three words. No one ever has. Nor did those words never escape my lips. When the shock finally left, I felt a warmth spread throughout me and I smiled. I pulled Alex towards me, my lips brushing against his and softly I whispered.

"I love you too Alex".