Zayn Believes in You

"Guys, I think we should quit for today, I'm exhausted," you pant, leaning on your knees and breathing heavily. 

You have been practicing for hours, trying to perfect the steps for the dance routine tomorrow, when you give up and just hope for the best that it will go okay.

Holding back a sob, you say goodbye to your friends as they leave your house, not wanting them to watch you break down and cry from not being able to do the difficult routines. 

You cannot do it anymore. 

Plopping yourself down onto the couch, you hug your knees close to your chest, feeling miserable and pathetic that you could not perform the moves. A tear slides down your cheek and you blink to stop yourself from crying as you wipe it away. 

Soon you feel yourself start to drift asleep when you hear soft tapping at the door that jerks you back awake. 

"One of them must have left something behind," you think to yourself, pulling yourself off the couch and wiping your face in hope that it will not appear as if you have been crying. 

You swing open the front door expecting one of your friends, but to your surprise, your boyfriend, Zayn, stands there, wearing a sad smile on his handsome face. 

"Hi, Zayn," you smile, trying to make your voice not shake and appear fine. But Zayn already knows that you are not okay. 

"Hey, come here," he responds and you let him hold you in his arms as you both stand in the hallway. He holds you so tightly, you can hear the beating of his heart as you rest your head against his chest.

Zayn breaks away and you stare into his dark, chocolate brown eyes. 

"Your friends that were here texted me that I should come over. She said that you seemed really upset and that I should cheer you up," Zayn speaks softly in his thick accent, stroking the sides of your cheeks with his thumbs. "I don't want my girl to be feeling down." 

You manage a smile out of gratefullness for Zayn and your friends, but a lump in your throat remains. Trying your hardest, you bite your lip, struggling to keep back the tears that are quickly forming in your eyes. It hurts to keep it all in. Soon, the tears break and are spilling down your cheeks, one after another. 

You hate yourself for acting like a child in front of your boyfriend. 

"Please don't, love," Zayn begs, his eyes filled with hurt, and he rubs your back as he pulls you back in for a hug. 

Crying into his chest, you hug the back of his t-shirt, pulling him closer to you, wanting to hide from everyone in the world. 

"I can't help it," you sob spilling out your feelings, "I'm such a failure at this. It's all messed up, and I can't do it."

Instead of replying, Zayn picks you up and carries you upstairs and sets you onto your soft bed, pulling the covers over you. You face him with teary eyes as he kneels beside your bed, rubbing your shoulder softly and comfortingly. 

He kneels a good fifteen minutes, listening to your feelings as they come out every now and  then, and holds you close when you cannot control your tears. When you are done, your whole body is tired and you feel heavy.

"Feel better?" Zayn asks you, giving you a sympathetic smile. 

You nod, staring back at him but he is not convinced. 

"Just remember that no matter what, I love you. I know you're amazing at dancing and no matter what happens at the show tomorrow, I will still love you the same, if not, even more. Babe, you're perfect with all your perfect imperfections. Please, don't forget that," Zayn says softly, close to your face, making you start to cry again but with relief and with love that he still loves you and believes in you. 

He gently wipes the tears from your cheeks, tilts your face and kisses you on the forehead as he rubs the back of your head and through your hair with his fingers. 

"I love you," he repeats. 

Man, it's good to be back! Sorry for not updating this for like, two weeks... I was away, so. But I'm back! So expect more imagines coming along soon :) ya ya ya!

I will be starting a new book soon called, My Love, where it will be all the letters Zayn wrote in the last chapter of this book. So excited! :D 

Love you all *.*