Chapter 22

A few days had passed since you were locked away in your room like a prisoner. You were bored out of your mind and just tried to sleep most of the time, it's not like you could do anything else.

Merric had come over every day but you ignored him most of the time. The first day he showed up—the day after he brought you back home—you had laid with your back to him the whole time and hadn't said a word, so he left pretty early. The second day he was more persistent and even got a few words out of you, but nothing more than just one-word responses.

Yesterday he had come and tried to convince you that everything would be fine now and that things would go back to how they used to be, or, according to him, how they were "supposed to be". You had blown up at him for thinking that you would be happy about being taken away against your will, and Merric had made a smart decision in leaving early.

Today Merric was going to show up again and you could only hope he wouldn't say something that would irritate the hell out of you. You hoped he learnt his lesson from yesterday and won't try pushing you, in fact it would probably be in his best interest that he doesn't mention Jimin. Bad things happened whenever Merric talked about him so by now he should just learn to shut up and not say rude things about Jimin.

You heard a knock come from your door before it opened. You glanced over to see your mother coming in with a plate and your stomach growled once you realized how hungry you were.

"Just some lunch for you here, should I leave it on the side-table?" she asked while pointing to the table next to you bed. You shook your head and sat up, reaching out your hands to take the plate.

"I'm kinda hungry actually," you admitted, taking the plate from your mother. She looked a little surprised as she handed it over.

"I think this is the first sentence you've said to me in days," she said in astonishment. You shrugged as you took a bite out of your lunch, leftover pizza from dinner last night.

"Being hungry makes me talk I guess," you said. You then added, "Is dad even alive? I haven't seen him since he locked me in here."

"You know how we feel about vampires. We were both pretty upset with you when we found out you decided to live with one, never mind becoming an offerer. He needs time to...forgive you, I guess. If I'm being honest, I'm still pretty disappointed myself, but getting worked up over it won't change the past. I just hope you will learn from this and won't try something that stupid again," your mother said as she moved to lean against your door.

After hearing her say that you knew there was no way you would tell her you were planning on going back to Jimin, although it's not like you were going to do it before. But knowing she wasn't happy and wouldn't be happy if you did it again made you decide to hide your schemes well.

"Is Merric coming again?" you asked less enthusiastically.

"I know you're upset with him but you must realize that he cares for you. Your father and I are both proud of his decision to bring you home and so we definitely won't stop him from seeing you, if that's what he wants," your mom replied with a sigh.

You almost scoffed, if only they knew of what he did to bring you back. Or how about the fact that he was a supernatural being that worked with one of the undead creatures your parents hate so much. He probably wouldn't be allowed anywhere near your house, let alone inside it.

"He will be late though, he said he had family business he was dealing with. That was earlier this morning though so he should probably arrive at any moment now," your mother added.

"Okay, thanks for the lunch," you said as you handed her back the plate. She raised a brow as she stared at the empty plate, then looked up at you.