Chapter 28

A/N: So I had an English test earlier this week and we're reading The Great Gatsby at the moment. Whenever there's a test my friend and I will quiz each other over iMessage. She didn't understand one of the questions so I was explaining it the best I could and the picture above was what happened (^-^;

If only she knew....

Also thank you so much for 20 k reads (*^▽^*)
It means so much to me to see people enjoying this book ♥︎

"Speak of the devil," Soomi muttered.

You had been talking with Soomi and Miori about how you hadn't seen Celeste since the library incident a few days ago when the girl in question walked into the dorms. You had guessed that she was spending time alone until she was better, and since this is the first time you've seen her in the dorms—during the day—you assumed she must be done.

"Should we talk to her?" you whispered to your two friends.

"What? Why?" Soomi demanded. Miori simply stared at Celeste without saying anything.

"Well, to make sure she's okay," you replied. Soomi stared at you like you had three heads, appalled by the fact that you wanted to talk to her. Miori raised a hand in the air suddenly, waving it towards Celeste.

"Celeste, come," she called to the red-headed girl.

"What the hell is going on here?!" Soomi whisper-shouted, eyes darting between you and Miori. "She's tried to kill all of us at least once, with Miori and I being veterans!"

"Yes but (Y/n) had a civilized chat with her and it seems that they're on good terms—" Soomi muttered a 'for now', "—so I don't see why she can't talk to her. While I don't exactly trust Celeste either, (Y/n) does so why can't we believe in (Y/n)'s judgement?" Miori replied.

Celeste approached the table, standing beside it awkwardly until you patted at the seat to your right. She took the seat and glanced between all of you, looking quite confused.

"Why am I here?" Celeste asked.

"I was just wondering if you were okay. I haven't seen you around the dorms much during the day, that's all," you answered.

"Yeah, I was spending some time in the library, just trying to convince myself to let go of Park Jimin and realize he's way out of my reach," Celeste said, staring down at her folded hands that were on the table.

"Just so you know, I don't trust you," Soomi said suddenly with a frown. Miori hit her on the arm with a disapproving look and Celeste just stared back with a blank look.

"Understandable," Celeste stated.

"These two can't see it, but I can. And you need to get it through your head that (Y/n) is a taken woman!" Soomi shouted.

Everyone was silent as they stared at Soomi. Miori facepalmed and let out a groan, Celeste let out a sigh, and you were trying hard to contain your laughter.

"I can assure you that I don't swing that way," Celeste said in a tired voice, as if she had been arguing with Soomi for hours.

"This is why you don't trust her? Because you think she's got a thing for (Y/n)?" Miori asked.

"Of course!" Soomi exclaimed. "And maybe because she tried to kill us, but I've just got these vibes coming from her, you know?"

"No, I don't know," Miori deadpanned.

"I'm as straight as a stick," Celeste said blankly.

"Oh yeah? Well guess what! Sticks aren't that straight, especially when they come from a tree, dumbo," Soomi fired back.