Chapter 12

I was on my way to see Kookie when my phone rang. It was my mom. I Excitedly answered the phone.

"Mama! How are you?" I asked right away.

"Hi is this Sarah?" Some lady said on the phone.

"Yes this is, who is this?" I asked confused.

"I'm a nurse at Saint Joseph's hospital."

"Ok why are you calling me off of my mom's phone?"

"She was admitted today, someone had found her passed out on the sidewalk and called the ambulance."

"What?" I stopped walking.

"When we got here we ran some tests, she doesn't have much longer to live."

"What do you mean!?!"

"She had several blood clots. If she would have come in for treatment earlier we could have helped her."

"You are saying there is no chance for her to survive?"

"We can try surgery, but we have to wait till she gives consent or you give consent."

"Well of course I want you to save my mom."

"Alright we will need you to come in and fill out the paperwork before we can do the surgery. "

"But I'm out of the country. Can't you take my consent over the phone and by the time I get there i can sign the paperwork?"

"We can not, we need to have the paperwork filled out before we do anything."

"I will be there as soon as I can, but if she gets worse before I get there please please please save her." I started crying.

The nurse gave me some information and I quickly turned and went home. I had to talk to Megan. I ran in the door and her and Suga were sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Sarah What's wrong?" She asked walking over to me.

"I.....I...I have to go back home."

"Already why?"

"My mom..." I fell to the ground and started crying.

"Sarah calm down, tell me what happened?" Megan asked coming over to me. I tried to calm down. After a little bit I finally told Megan what had happened. She went to her computer and looked up flights. The next flight out of seoul was in 3 hrs. That gave me enough time to get packed and get there and not miss my flight.

"Alright I'm going to go back."

"I'll go too." Megan added

"No its fine, you stay here."

"Sarah...."

"Shell be fine once I get there." I said and walked to my room.

"Babe just let her do this on her own." I heard Suga say to her. I quickly packed my things and called a taxi.

"I'll call you when I land ok?" I said to her.

"Have you talked to Kookie." Megan asked

" I haven't I'll call him on my way." I hugged her and hopped in the Taxi. I pulled out my phone and called Kookie.

"Hey babe where are you, I've been waiting." He was so happy.

"Kookie...." I trailed off.

"What's wrong?"

"I...I'm not coming to see you today."

"What why not?" He asked

"I'm leaving."

"What do you mean you're leaving? Don't joke with me you have a month left."

"No I have to go back now....my....my...mom is in critical condition. " I was trying to hold back tears.

"Where are you now?" He asked

"I'm heading to the airport now."

"Alright don't leave till I get there." He said

"I can't do that, I'm not in control of the flight."

"I mean wait for me before you go through security I have to see you." He said and then I heard a bunch of noise in the background.

"I'll try I have to go buy my ticket still so it'll be a bit."

"Ok I'll be there soon. I love you." He said and hung up.

A little bit later I ended up at the airport. I went to the desk and got my ticket. I started to walk towards where security is. Once I got there I turned around and waited. I only had a little more time till the flight and the line for security was huge.

"Sarah!" I looked to see Kookie running towards me. He quickly pulled me into a hug. I started crying again. I had to go but I didn't want to leave him.

"Kookie, I'm so sorry." I said hugging him back.

"Don't be it's not like you knew this would happen." He said pulling away and kissing my lips.

"I'll call you when I land ok?" I said after we broke our kiss.

"You better." He hugged me again.

"Alright I have to go now otherwise I'll miss the flight." I said grabbing my bags again.

"Please be safe and I hope your mom gets better." He said and let me go. I waved and turned to walk away from him. I tried not to cry, I stood in line and slowly went through when they finally checked my stuff I turned around one last time to see he was still there. I waved and blew him a kiss. Then I went on my way to get through the rest of security.