Chapter 24

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

We had been sitting her for what felt like forever, he wasn't talking.

"Are you going to talk?" I snapped

"I'm trying to figure out how to say all this."

"Seriously just tell me, otherwise I'm leaving." I was annoyed by this man.

"Ok, ok. So about 3 weeks ago or so I ran into your mother. We started talking and catching up."

"I'm going to stop you right there, if you left us why would she want to 'catch up' That doesn't sound right."

"Sarah, she knew she was dying that's why. She told me she wanted me to be here for you when she left."

I just stared at him. Did she really do this.

"I know you are old enough to handle yourself but she doesn't want you alone here."

"Yeah..." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath then opened them and looked at him.

"You can come live with me." He smiled.

"No, I will be fine on my own."

"Are you sure?" He asked

"Yes, thanks for your concern. But....I don't need or want you in my life. " I stood up. Was that all he was going to tell me. That wasn't a lot.

"Wait."

"What?" I asked

"She said something about you having a boyfriend."

"I don't have one. " I snapped and started to walk out.

"Sarah hold on." He got up and ran after me and grab my arm.

"Let go."

"Before you leave. Have this. It's a letter, your mom asked me to give it to you." I looked at the envelope in his hand and started to get teary eyed. I took it and held it close.

"Thanks." I said and walked out the door. I walked back to my spot on the beach. I sat down and opened the envelope to read it.

'Dearest Sarah,

I'm so sorry for leaving you behind. I wish I could have stayed longer but God wanted me. He knew you would be fine without me. Plus there is someone else who should stay in your life. I know you broke up with Jungkook for me, I hated that. The time I spent with him I knew he really was good for you, you were happier. When you two ended things that happy girl I knew was gone. Please for me call him and go back to him. You can get rid of all my things and save the money or use it for something. I want you Happy now that I am gone and I know he can make you more than happy. I love you sweetie and know that I will be watching over you forever.

I love you my sweet baby girl.

Love
Your Loving Mother'

I couldn't help but cry. I clung to the letter. I wished Jungkook was here, or even Megan.

"Jungkook!" I cried out  "I miss you." I whispered. I pulled my knees to my chest and cried into them. Thankfully no one was around to see me falling apart.

"Sarah?" I lifted my head. That sounded like Jungkook. My mind was playing tricks on me!

"Why must I mess with myself like this! Jungkook is not here, I'm alone here."

All of a sudden someone hugged me from behind.

"I'm here Sarah, and I won't leave you." that scent had me relaxing and a new set of tears came rolling in.