Chapter 22

Jungkooks POV

Megan hasn't talked to Sarah in 3 weeks and I'm worried about her. She won't answer anyone's calls.

Normal POV *One week earlier.*

"Mom, wake up you've slept almost all day and it's time for your medicine." I said walking into her room. She was curled up in her blanket.

"Come on mom, it's actually a nice day out today let's go to the beach." I sat next to her and patted her. She didn't answer.

"Mom?" I pulled the blanket off of her and that's when I noticed she wasn't breathing anymore.

"MOM!" I started crying trying to shake her awake she had to be joking. I shakely grabbed my phone and dialed 911. The ambulance said that she must have died in her sleep because she had been gone awhile. They left me alone. I had just lost the only person I had. The only family that cared about me. I curled up into a ball crying in the corner.

*FLASHBACK*

"Honey I want you to know no matter what I will always love you even if we aren't near each other."

"I know mom even if I were to get back to Korea I would love you too."

"I mean farther away, a place that we can't visit each other." My mom's eyes were water.

"I know mom, I love you forever and ever." I hugged her.

She cried.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I should have known the other day when she was saying that stuff. She didn't even say Goodbye to me. I grabbed for the phone and clicked his name. I was about to hit call but changed my mind. I told him not to talk to me anymore, he won't talk to me now. I threw my phone across the room and just cried.
.
..
..
..
.
..
...
..
.
.
..
...
..
.

Over the next few days I had to get the funeral ready and oddly enough my mom had everything ready. All I had to do was just confirm everything then get a dress for the day. When the day came I made my way to the funeral home. Here I was going to see all the people who now cared about me and my mother. Of course it took her dying for them to care. I sat down on the couch that was provided. I sat there quietly. Staring at my mom's body. I wanted to be so mad at her for leaving but realizing now the meds probably weren't helping her much. I tried to not cry. Someone sat next to me.

"Hi Sarah." I looked at him.

"Hello."

"You probably don't remember me."

"I'm sorry..."

"I'm you're father." Those tears dried up real fast.

"What?" I asked

"I know you haven't seen me since you were young."

"You...you think you can just come here...today and what expect me to be all happy that you finally showed up!" I yelled.

"Sarah calm down."

"You need to leave! Just like when you left us when I was just a kid."

"Sarah...."

"Go!" I said tears spilling again. This jerk!.

"Ok, I'll give you some space." He said and left. Why did he decide to show up way too late. I sat there and cried. During the funeral when the priest was talking I contained my sobs. My aunts were comforting for the most part but I hated them. I hated everyone. After the ceremony I went back home. I took the urn with me and set it on the window sill. She liked looking out the window so she had to like that spot right?

The next few days I stayed inside and shut my phone off. I didn't want any fake sympathy. I knew I had to find a better job now to pay for this place. At the end of the week I would be ok to go out and figure everything out.