New Beginnings

Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can fall together.

Marilyn Monroe 

There have been many nights where bad things had happened.  There had been many nights where scary things had happened.  This night was very different though.  I was five years old there was nothing to it.  I was lying in bed listening to the TV that was upstairs.  My parents were watching it.  My older brother, Jones, was lying on the couch in the living room next to my room.  Then, I hear yelling upstairs.  It was my uncle.  He had a very distinct voice.

"Get your coat and shoes on.  We have to leave now."  My mom runs downstairs.  I hear her.  Then, my dad bursts into my room.  My dad had always been a calm person.  It was different tonight though.  He was not calm.  He seemed very distraught and cautious, I guess.  You have to bear with me here, I was only five.

"We have to get to the pack house."  My dad ran over and picked me up off the bed.  I couldn't help it.  I started crying loudly.  I wrapped my arms around my dad.  I was scared to death.  I had never seen my dad so crazy...  My dad put me down on the ground in front of the door.  I started putting my pink light up Sketchers on with my pink zip up jacket.  My dad grabbed me tightly.  Jones had ran out to the car without barely grabbing his shoes. 

"Baby, it'll be okay.  I promise."  My dad set me in the car next to my big sister Victoria.  My dad was shaking.  "Put your sister's seat belt on.  I am going to get Alex."  My dad ran back inside.  I wanted to know what was going on.  I was told nothing .  I was only five ya know.  I was not expected to do anything except sit there with my toys and be quiet.  I looked over at Victoria, A.K.A. Toria.  She had tears pouring down her face.  I wanted to hug her and tell her what my dad had said, but there was nothing to say.  The boys were dead silent in the back seat, and my parents were running wild in the house.

"Here is Alex.  Put her in the seat, and we are going to the pack house. You will stay in my office, and you will not under any circumstances will leave, unless the place is on fire, until someone comes to get you. You don't leave for anyone who is not in the pack and you do not let anyone know where you are. Understood?"  My dad gave Alex to Toria.  

"Y-y-y-yes, Dad.  I understand."  Toria choked out.  Toria was always strong.  She never worried about crying because crying was weak.  We had grown up with a house full of boys.  We didn't cry.  We didn't let people see us hurt.  We never ran to others.  We stood up for ourselves.  We did what we were suppose to do because that was the type of people we were.  The pack house was on the other side of town.  We pulled up, and my dad threw it into park.

"Go inside.  Get into the office and lock the door behind you."  My dad got out of the car.  Everyone was in tears.  This had never happened.  The only person who was holding it together was Jasper, the oldest boy. 

"Come on, guys.  Everything will be okay."  Toria pulled us out of the van.  My dad locked the car after we were all out.  My dad kissed my head, and my mom hugged me tightly.  We all walked into the pack house.  We passed the kitchen where all of the women and children were being held.  We got to my dad's office and everyone climbed in quietly.

"Where are mommy and daddy going?"  I asked from the couch.  Toria set Alex in her crib.  Toria came behind me and started playing with my long blonde hair.  Damien and Jones sat on the floor in front of the TV.  Jasper sat at my dad's desk.  He looked like he belonged there.  It was so strange.  He was drawing a picture.  I looked at it later.  It was a picture of Toria combing through my hair.

"They went to do something.  Something very important came up.  They didn't want us to be at the house alone."  Toria explained.  She started braiding my hair back.

"Okay, but why can't we be in the kitchen with the other kids?"  I asked Toria.  Then, the door was unlocked.  Jasper jumped up from the chair, and Toria dropped my hair.  Jordan walked in.  Everyone breathed for a second.  Then, I looked into Jordan's eyes.  He was sad.  He was normally happy and upbeat.  Jordan came next to me.  He pulled me onto his lap.  I looked up at him.

"Guys, we need to talk.  Come over here, please."  The boys slowly got away from the TV, and Jasper put his drawing down.  A tear slipped from Jordan's eyes.

"I don't really know how to say this but I am going to try to as hard as it will be. Your parents were fighting a huge crazy rogue. There were 5 people killed, and you have to know that m-m-my best friend was out there too. But the thing you must know is that your mom and dad will not be coming back. They said to tell you something though, Jasper. Come out with me son." He told us. Instantly after that Toria ran out of the room. She had never cried in front of anyone, except for mom, and now the only person she could cry to was gone.

"Mommy?  Where is my mommy?"  I started sobbing into the couch.  Damien came over and held me against him.  Later on, Jasper found out that he would become the Alpha.  He was so young.  It was so crazy.  My uncles, Jordan and Ryder, stayed with us.  Toria took care of us.  She even worked to pay our bills.  Ryder later found his mate and moved out.  When I was about eleven, Jordan also found his mate and moved out.  After that, we were all alone.  Toria became all we had.  She was our parent figure.  Surprisingly, we all made, and no one died.  I don't know how that happened, but it did.  That was the beginning, and now I will tell you the rest.

----------------

Here is the rewritten version because I didn't like the other one.  I'm sorry for the typos.  I hope y'all enjoy!  Thank you for everything!