Chapter 22: Back to Reality

Lizardon emerged from his video game coma. He leaned up to see a very skinny man with short black hair and a stubble sleeping next to him. Lizardon's eyes widened as he realized it was with brother who slept on his legs. Jacob sat in a chair, slumped over onto Lizardon's bed. He squinted his eyes as he took off the helmet. He tried to nudge Jacob out of the way.

"Hey Jacob, I bought some," A girl bursted in and dropped her food. "Luke's awake!" She squealed, her short dirty blond hair spinning as she twirled.

"Ehh?" Jacob woke up and rubbed his tired eyes, "oh hey Luke." His eyes widened as well as they stared at each other, "Luke!" He hugged his little brother, crying out, "holy shit I thought you were gone, I missed you. We all missed you."

"M-Miss you too," Lizardon managed to say. He squinted towards the girl, "M-Mari?!"

The girl nodded her head and smiled as the tears poured out of her eyes. Lizardon tried to stand, but nearly fell until Jacob and Mari caught him, "where do you think you're going?"

"Must... find the... others," Lizardon put his hand against the wall and began walking.

Stunned, Jacob asked, "who?" Lizardon didn't respond as he kept moving.

From Executioner's room, his two brothers arose from their seats as they watched him rise from his bed. Isaiah, his younger brother adjusted his glasses as he stood up, "Evan where do you think you're going?" he rubbed his short hair as tears fogged up his lenses.

"W-We h-have to meet u-up," Executioner struggled to speak. He stood onto the floor, holding the pole that held his IV bag.

"Ulysses let's give your brother a hand," Isaiah put his arm around him, and his youngest brother joined him without a word. Isaiah looked at him with caution, "tell us where you need to go."

Heruseus opened his eyes to see through the Gawk Machine lenses. He took it off and looked around his dark room to see his door open. He squinted towards the clock and read 5:12 before shortly looking outside the window to watch the sun rise. He stood up as a man rushed in.

"Theodore Widdicombe, sit back down right now before you kill yourself!" Theo's only brother, Henry shouted as Heruseus walked towards the exit, clinging to the wall. He shouted with teary red eyes and a buzz cut while he held his phone in his hand. Heruseus kept moving without response. "I'm calling mother," Henry shook his head as he used his phone.

Heruseus coughed as he spoke, "go ahead, I have to make sure everyone's okay."

Chumbus groaned as he opened his eyes. Too weak to even sit up, he took off his Gawk Machine and moaned, "Jasmine, help me up why don't you?"

"Justin!" his little sister helped him on his feet before hugging him.

"Th-there," Chumbus pointed towards the door.

"You can't! You're too weak!" Jasmine cried, shaking her head with her long black hair flowing behind her. She took off her glasses and wiped off the tears.

Chumbus shouted with a tired and raspy voice, "th-there!"

"Y-you have to wait! F-for the doctor, for auntie!" Jasmine caught him as he fell off the bed.

"That can wait," Chumbus clenched his sister's shoulders as he stood up in the dark hospital room, "that can w-wait."