Chapter 23: Broken

Chapter 23: Broken

Thunder roared as the rain poured onto the multiple families attending the large funeral service. Chumbus clenched his fist as the old funeral director spoke out, blessing the dead. Mel watched as he sunk into his thoughts and rubbed his back before leaning her head onto his shoulder. Executioner held his umbrella above them as he sat feeling almost no emotion.

"May these courageous people rest in peace," the funeral director put his head down. Thunder roared even louder in the distance as the heavy rain made way into everyone's heart. Osra and PG's casket were lowered last along with the other deceased members of The Hearts of Light. Osra's casket had been buried empty.

"Damn," Heruseus shook his head as he stared at the multiple memorials made for his fellow guildmates. They put Technis II next to the original Technis, and Purple Gleam next to Yellow Flash (Ryel). Osra was located next to Poptarts (Gerry). Chumbus stared at his brothers' graves, and turned around to pick up thirty-three flowers and placed one on each grave. Everyone followed, crying with their heads down.

"Well it's all over," Mel sat down in Douglas's car. "What do we do now?" She looked up with her bloodshot wet eyes.

"Osra can't be dead. He just can't," Chumbus muttered to himself.

"Justin you saw the casket go down, even when you weren't supposed to! He's gone now. We can't get him back either," Heruseus snapped, and then frowned.

"Well they didn't find a body did they?!" Chumbus fought back as rained poured on top of him.

"Justin, the police even stated no-one could have survived that much debris!" Mel shouted from Douglas's car.

"He's Josh! The Great Osra! He might have survived!" Chumbus pleaded.

Executioner joined the argument, "man, this is reality! There aren't defense skills, there aren't health bars or potions! Josh was just a human! Welcome back to reality dude. He's gone."

"Hey! Calm down! Let's settle this once we get to my place," Jacob muttered.

The rain roared as it hit the metal roof of Jacob's car. As they drove into the garage, Douglas parked in his driveway. All but Lizardon entered Jacob's massive house. Lizardon had gone to the hospital instead to watch over Mari.

They all sat in the living room, drenched with silence until Chumbus had spoke up, "he's not dead!"

"Justin! Shut the fuck up dude, he's dead! If he didn't fall to the explosion, he was crushed by debris," Heruseus shouted, "just let it go okay?"

"What is wrong with all of you?!" Chumbus screamed, tears falling slowly out of his eyes, "Have you not learned what he has told us every time we went into danger?" The tears fell faster, "never lose hope! Hope never fades away! Remember?"

"Then according to your logic, your brothers are still alive," Mel grunted, "my sister's still alive. Everyone's still alive."

"You guys don't get it! Everyone's fried bodies are in the ground. If he was crushed, where are his remains?" Chumbus welled from where he stood. Everyone watched with grief and a little bit of frustration.

"Just go," Mel pointed to the door and shook her head.

"I'm going to look for him, he might need help. There's a beach near, maybe he's there! I know he's out there, I swear. I'm looking for him, unlike all of you stupid shits," Chumbus slammed the door as hard as he could as left. He marched off in the rain.

"He'll be back any minute now," Heruseus waited for him to come back, but he didn't. Chumbus was determined to find him, he wouldn't come back without him.