Extended Summary

We have a saying, my people. Don't kill if you can wound, don't wound if you can subdue, don't subdue if you can pacify, and don't raise your hand at all until you've first extended it.

══════════ ◦◦◦❃◦◦◦ ══════════

FROM A VERY YOUNG AGE, DIANA HAD KNOWN THAT SHE WANTED TO BECOME A WARRIOR - FEARLESS AND BRAVE, COURAGEOUS AND STRONG. However, she was royalty among her people, the beautiful race of warrior women called Amazons, so she was treated with delicacy and frailty throughout her childhood.

Princess Diana had been the first child ever born on Themyscira, otherwise known as Paradise Island. Her mother, Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons, had molded her from clay before six members of the Greek pantheon of gods gave the clay child a soul, giving it life as decreed by Zeus, the King of the Gods and the God of the Sky and Thunder.

The six gods had also blessed the child with incredible gifts: from Demeter, great strength; from Athena, wisdom and courage; from Artemis, a hunter's heart and communion with animals; from Aphrodite, beauty and a loving heart; from Hestia, sisterhood with fire; and from Hermes, speed and the power of flight. After seeing the potential in her, Diana was trained to her fullest extent by her aunt, the Amazon General Antiope, to be the fiercest, most skilled, and undefeated warrior on the island.

However, in the early twentieth century, Diana's routine life on Themyscira was halted when an American pilot named Steve Trevor crash landed on the shores of Paradise Island, bringing with him a small army of German soldiers. This led to the first battle between man and Amazon, in which Steve Trevor fought alongside the Amazons. The Amazons won, but not without great cost; many Amazonian lives were lost, including the life of Antiope.

Once Steve had been healed of his wounds, he explained to the Amazons about the massive conflict erupting in the world of man - the War to End All Wars. Believing that mankind was under the influence of Ares, the God of War, Hippolyta held a competition to determine which Amazon was worthy enough to bring Steve Trevor back to Man's World and fight for justice in the Great War.

Diana pleaded with her mother to participate, but Hippolyta forbid it. Still, Diana entered the competition, masking her identity and ultimately becoming the winner. A reluctant Hippolyta accepted Diana's victory and gave her a special uniform to wear in battle. Diana was also given the Lasso of Hestia, the Sandals of Hermes so she could travel to her home and back, her late aunt's tiara, and the Godkiller sword - a weapon that only the fiercest of Amazons could wield.

Bidding farewell to her home, her mother, and the only life she ever knew, Diana traveled to the world of Man to end the war and stop Ares' influence. However, Diana discovered that mankind was not who she thought they were. She saw great horrors, but also great victories; she saw the darkness that lives within the light, and how there will always be both good and evil in every human being.