A Sad Note

With this being a T'Challa fanfiction, I feel it's only fair that I say this.

I heard about Chadwick's passing today. And I am absolutely heartbroken. Chadwick meant so much to me in so many ways, and not just cause he was T'Challa. He was, from what I could tell, an honest, humble man. His acting was flawless, from his portrayals of Jackie Robinson, James Brown, and Thurgood Marshall all the way to his role in Da Five Bloods and yes, Black Panther. And he showed me, a young adult black girl who's often called whitewashed and Oreo for my behavior and literacy, that even black people can make it in this world, if you only try your hardest and live an honest life.

He made me believe in myself and my writing. Whenever I would watch his movies, or go back and read this book for old times sake, I would think about him, and I would tell myself, "I am a good writer, and I can make it as one. I will make it as one." He made me cry in Get On Up, and he made me smile when he laughed as he read the mean tweet about himself that said, "how did the coolest blackest dude in the galaxy wind up with some white bread ass name like Chadwick." He was a great person with a kind heart, and anyone who knew him and was a fan of his work knew that.

Chadwick Boseman was a good man, and it's extremely heartbreaking that we've lost him so soon. I will miss him terribly, and he was truly an icon that should have lived a long, happy life.

Rest in peace, my king. We will forever miss you.

~Uraza