24 - Take A Stand

THEY LET SCOTT INTO THE COMPOUND

THEY LET SCOTT INTO THE COMPOUND. Diana was informed that Scott had fought on Steve's "side" during their fight in Germany, but had been assumed to be one of the trillions lost to the Snap. So to put it bluntly, he shouldn't have been there with them. But yet there he was, pacing worriedly in front of Diana, Steve and Natasha.

"Scott," Steve said. "Are you okay?"

Scott glanced at him. "Yeah. I'm fine." He was silent for a moment, clearly struggling to ask about something, then looked at the three of them and blurted, "Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?"

"I have, yes," Diana said with a nod.

Natasha, however, just shrugged. "Only to make conversation."

Scott nodded gratefully at Diana, moving on quickly. "Alright. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... She was my..." He again struggled to say what was on his mind, then sighed and said, "She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry," Diana said. "That must've been a very long five years."

"Yeah, but that's just it," Scott told her. "It wasn't. For me, it was five hours."

Steve and Natasha shared a quick bewildered glance, while Diana looked at him, intrigued by his words. But before anyone could answer, the sunroof above them suddenly opened, and Raevanna dropped through it, landing in a crouch on the ground. Then, she stood up, looking at the group. Diana was surprised that the young faery was now wearing much more gothic clothes — a sleeveless cream-colored tunic and brown leggings — and there were leather straps around her forearms and a single braid running down the left side of her face. It was obvious that she had changed her clothes to better fit the environment of Elyon, and hadn't bothered to change back.

"Oh my go-" Scott jumped back, startled by Raevanna's arrival, then put his hand on his chest. "Where the hell did you come from?"

"The sky," Raevanna said, shrugging her shoulders.

Scott glanced at her, then at Steve, then back at Raevanna. "Wait, you're that winged girl that knocked that android into a lookout tower."

"And you're the shrinking man who got really big and almost crushed me," Raevanna replied, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.

Scott frowned for a moment, then moved on and said, "Okay, where was I?"

"The Quantum Realm," Diana told him. "You were stuck there for five hours."

Scott's face brightened. "Ah, right." He began pacing back and forth again. "See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable." Glancing at the desk, he randomly asked, "Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving." Without waiting for a reply, he strode over to pick up Nat's sandwich, then bit into it.