6 - Interrogations

AFTER KLAUE HAD BEEN APPREHENDED, ROSS TOOK HIM TO A U

AFTER KLAUE HAD BEEN APPREHENDED, ROSS TOOK HIM TO A U.N. OPERATIONS SITE AT THE OTHER END OF SOUTH KOREA, AND T'CHALLA, DIANA, OKOYE, AND NAKIA HAD INSISTED THAT THEY COME WITH HIM. So now, T'Challa, Okoye, and Diana were watching the arms dealer as he sat in a room by himself, strapped to a chair, while Nakia stood in the lobby, watching the city life outside.

"Hello," Klaue said, giggling as he looked at them through the glass. "I can see you! I can. I can see you." Then he began cackling and making air kisses at his reflection.

"So this is a big mess, huh?" Ross said. Turning to Diana, T'Challa, and Okoye, he went on, "I figured we could go good cop, bad cop. I'll talk to him first, then you guys go in–"

"We can't let him talk to Klaue alone," Okoye said to T'Challa and Diana, speaking Xhosan so Ross couldn't understand them.

Diana glanced at Ross, then said to Okoye, "It is better to let him talk to Klaue alone for five minutes than to make a scene here."

Okoye just looked away, and T'Challa turned to Ross before saying in English, "After your questioning, we will take him back to Wakanda with us."

Ross's eyes widened as the three warriors stepped forward. "What? No." Stepping forward as well, he told them, "Look, I like you, a lot. But he's in my custody now. He's not going anywhere. Listen, I'm doing you guys a favor by letting you even be in here." He lightly slapped T'Challa's chest with the back of his hand for emphasis.

Okoye tensed, looking at Ross, then said in Xhosan, "If he touches you again, I'm going to impale him to this desk." She pointed to the desk beside her.

Ross frowned, looking at T'Challa. "Does she speak English?"

"When she wants to," Okoye replied with a smirk, switching to English to show that she had, in fact, understood him.

"Huh." Ross huffed. "I'm going in. When I'm done, you guys are up."

He started to leave, but stopped when T'Challa called, "Agent Ross."

"Yeah?" Ross asked.

T'Challa clapped his hand on the American man's shoulder, discreetly placing one of the communication devices on his shirt. "I do appreciate your help in Busan."

Ross smiled. "You see that? It's called diplomacy." He turned and opened the door, then called over his shoulder, "You're welcome."

When he was gone, T'Challa turned to Okoye. "Okoye. Play nice."

Okoye rolled her eyes and waved her hand dismissively, making an annoyed sound before muttering, "Americans."

As Ross began interrogating Klaue, T'Challa turned to Diana. "Diana," he said to her.

Diana looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Yes?"

"Back in Busan..." T'Challa paused, not wanting to intrude on her privacy but curious nonetheless. "Who was that woman with the chained axes?"