22 - A Small Chance

DIANA LEANED AGAINST A WALL OPPOSITE TO TONY'S ROOM, WATCHING AS HE SLEPT IN THE BED, WITH THE REDHEAD - PEPPER - BY HIS SIDE

DIANA LEANED AGAINST A WALL OPPOSITE TO TONY'S ROOM, WATCHING AS HE SLEPT IN THE BED, WITH THE REDHEAD - PEPPER - BY HIS SIDE. Rhodey, Carol, Natasha, and Steve stood across from her, also watching Tony, while Bruce stood a few paces away, and Raevanna conversed with Rocket and Nebula. Diana had been silent since she had spoken with Steve, and though her face didn't show it, she was still upset with them. However, she was already starting to relax, knowing that she couldn't stay upset for long.

"Bruce gave him a sedative," Rhodey said, catching Diana's attention as he referred to Tony. "He's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day."

"You guys take care of him," Carol said. "And I'll bring him a Xorrian Elixir when I come back." Without waiting for a reply, she turned and walked away.

"Where are you going?" Raevanna asked.

Carol didn't even look back as she said, "To kill Thanos."

Natasha and Raevanna shared a look before walking after her.

"Hey, you know, we usually work as a team here," Natasha said to Carol, causing the blonde woman to stop and face her. "And between you and I, morale's a little fragile."

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight too," Raevanna agreed.

"Do you even know where he is?" Diana asked, causing everyone to look at her.

Carol raised an eyebrow at Diana. "I know people who might."

"Don't bother," Nebula said from her spot behind Carol. "I can tell you where Thanos is." Everyone faced her, so she explained, "Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask 'where would we go once his plan was complete?'. His answer was always the same: 'To the Garden.'"

"That's cute, Thanos has a retirement plan," Rhodey commented.

"So where is he?" Steve asked.

That was when Rocket stepped forward. "When Thanos snapped his fingers," he said, "Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it... Until two days ago." He brought up a hologram of a planet, with a shockwave visibly traversing the surface. "On this planet."

"Thanos is there," Nebula said.

Natasha nodded. "He used the stones again."

"Hey, hey, hey," Bruce said, jumping in quickly. "We'd be going in short-handed, you know."

Rhodey nodded in agreement. "Look, he's still got the stones, so–"

"So let's get him," Carol said, cutting him off. "Use them to bring everyone back."

Rhodey looked at her. "Just like that?"

"Yeah, just like that," Steve said, sharing a knowing look with Carol.