♥The Obstacle Race {8}♥

{Your P.O.V.}

The day of the Sports Festival was here. Unfortunately, to make sure no one got any unfair advantages and to make sure we all showed our raw potential, hero costumes weren't permitted. I wasn't too disappointed, as mine was a mere black outfit with my gas mask. As long as I didn't breathe in excess gas from my quirk, I'd be fine.

Once I got to the waiting rooms with everyone else, I immediately sat next to Izuku. He was really my only 'friend' here.. 

After a few minutes of playing with a strand of my own hair, I heard someone clear their throat to my right. I turned, seeing Todoroki standing up. "Midoriya." he spoke in his usual boring tone, and I perked up. What could this dude want with Izuku?

Izuku immediately stood up to face the half and half boy. "Y-Yeah? What is it, Todoroki?"

Todoroki stared Midoriya down, and then spoke.

"I'm going to win the Sport's Festival."

I glared at him slightly for threatening Izuku, but tuned out most of the conversation between them, hearing Midoriya stand up for himself later on, saying he would try his best too.

{Time Skip}

We were all in the middle of the colosseum-like arena, each student separated into their different classes. Midnight stood in front of us atop a stage, a giant screen behind her as she explained how they would choose the first event.

As the TV behind her glowed, it displayed a slot machine-like display, which started spinning. "This will determine the first event!" the 18+ hero said, "What could it be~?"

It landed on what seemed to be an image of an obstacle course. The screen then displayed the text, "OBSTACLE RACE!"

I sighed slightly to myself. My quirk isn't good for any sort of mobility, so I would probably have a really tough time keeping up with the others. Depending on the rules, I could always take others out--

"There are no rules! No restrictions! As long as you keep inside the designated course path anything goes!" the raven-haired woman yelled. 

I smirked.

This would be fun.

{Izuku's P.O.V.}

Man.. my quirk isn't the best for mobility. I can't risk using it in the beginning and immobilizing myself. I wonder how Y/N will do.. I don't think her quirk can help her too much with this either.

As we lined up at the start, I turned to the h/c haired girl, giving her a small smile before I saw the countdown overhead

"START!"

Everyone raced through the tight archway, people shoving past other people. I was smushed between two students from 1-B, but I looked up in awe, holding my breath shortly after knowing the effects if I didn't.

People started to drop to the floor, sound asleep, as a blue gas radiated from Y/N's running form. Her eyes were.. a crystal blue?! I didn't know they changed color! They're really pretty..

I shook my head, running through the gas as I saw a few students using their quirks to evade it. "Gotta.. keep.. holding.. my breath!" I thought, nearly out of the gas.

I panted hard as I escaped the blue mist, seeing Y/N already in an early lead, her h/l h/c bouncing behind her as she laughed at the students she incapacitated. 

She was.. UGH! Izuku, stop th-thinking like that! S-She's your rival, and you don't l-like her like that!

Right..?